- Experience Level
Title: Project Manager, Northern California
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Sacramento, CA
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for existing and/or “in development” affordable housing projects from site selection and acquisition through predevelopment and construction completion. Coordinate and direct the activities of various consultants including architects, soils and civil engineers, attorneys, and financial investors crucial to the development process. Maintain contact with public and private lenders involved in the transaction to obtain construction and permanent financing. Coordinate pro-forma analysis, application preparation, private and local government loans or grants, and low-income housing tax credits. Review and coordinate plans and specifications with property management staff. Review construction progress and advise approval of requisitions for payment. Develop budgets.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Manage new project development in northern California and occasionally southern California and/or other areas including coordinating financial packaging; securing acquisition, predevelopment, construction and permanent financing; supervising architects, consultants, property managers, contractors and other development team members; monitoring development, construction and lease-up processes.
• Work with Vice President, Northern California to identify acquisition opportunities, complete development programs, develop project acquisition and funding options, and complete the feasibility analysis of new development projects.
• Assist in negotiations with equity partners on investment terms and conditions in the syndication of low-income housing tax credit projects.
• Provide some administrative support to northern California Development team
• Other duties as assigned
Level of Education, Experience and Skill Set:
• Well organized, detail oriented, and excellent analytical skills; proficiency in financial analysis using Excel, project management software, and word processing software such as Microsoft Word
• Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Staff training and management skills; enthusiasm and team building spirit
• Good presentation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with community groups, including clients with diverse economic and educational backgrounds
• An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving in the field of affordable housing and community development
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Master’s degree preferred
• One to Six plus years’ experience in housing development, business, finance, urban planning or a related field, preferably for a non-profit, government agency or private financial institution
• Demonstrated experience with public and private affordable housing funding resources and subsidy programs, including low income housing tax credit program, tax exempted bonds, and syndication proceeds; ability to creatively combine financing tools to leverage housing funds.
• Valid California driver’s license and availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the California service area.
• Job includes some evening and weekend hours.
The Project Manager is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision. Ability to, operate a computer keyboard, and lift files and reports. Exposure to glare from a computer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 25 lbs and travel via automobile and/or plane 50%.
The work environment will usually be in a professional office setting, with possible shared workspace. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate. When traveling the environment will change dependent upon the site visiting
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Housing / Construction Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Program / Project Management Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Public Policy / Administration Housing / Shelter $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Sacramento