Specialist, Event Production (NAT3264)
- Experience Level
The Specialist, Event Production is responsible for overall management and coordination of all logistical aspects of fundraising activities for assigned events including Bike MS and Walk MS. Responsibilities include logistics implementation and budget and vendor contract management, risk management, permitting, insurance, movement and delivery of event supplies, management and inventory of multiple storage units and event vehicles both prior and during the event. The position will secure in-kind donations for all chapter events as well as support volunteer recruitment and engagement for all chapter events. In addition, this position will work closely with the event revenue portfolio Development team in assigned territory.
1. Logistics Project Leader
- In collaboration with logistics team works as a project leader for logistics aspects of all mass market events ensuring that all logistical elements are complete to ensure exceptional event experience for participants and sponsors
- Analyze needs and secure and manage all vendors and permitting for assigned events. Maintain a focus on cost saving measures by bidding out multi-site vendors (including tents, tables and chairs, heavy equipment, toilets, waste disposal, vehicle rentals, communication equipment, entertainment equipment, water and ice, peripheral equipment such as cones, stanchions, barricades, fencing, food vendors -- paid and in-kind, etc.)
- Manage relationship with third-party logistics company handling overall execution of Bike MS and when applicable
- Securing permits and insurance for events, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with communities hosting our events
- Management of storage units to ensure that space is fully utilized and orderly; maintains a current inventory of event materials and supplies
- Oversee the purchasing, packing and distribution of specified event supplies before, during and after each campaign
- Responsible for the ordering of all event prizes, incentives (including t-shirts, medals, etc.
- Create and manage yearly logistics/production timeline for special events and staff in conjunction with Development team
- Work with the Director of Logistics to assign and manage on-event staff assignments in conjunction with Development team leads
- Plan and execute pre, post and on-event logistics meetings with staff
2. In Kind Donation Management
- Solicit small businesses, corporations, and local food vendors for in-kind donations for all Chapter events
3. Budget and Project Management
- Negotiation and management of specified event supply contracts including but not limited to tents, porta-potties, dumpsters, facilities, trucks and supply vehicles
- Manage event procurement process including purchase orders and contracts, processing of payments , ensuring accurate record keeping and ongoing expense analysis throughout the course of event planning.
- Complete all post-event financials (final invoice payments, etc), thank you communications to vendors/partners, tracking supply/product usage and noting opportunities for improvement
4. Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Responsible for the placement of volunteers and day of cultivation of to ensure a positive volunteer experience and ensure the safety and experience of participants
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Three years of related event management experience
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage diverse groups and multiple projects
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage difficult or complex situations and/or people with tact, confidence and composure.
- Computer knowledge and experience in MS Office
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Flexible Work Arrangement Options; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website: