- Experience Level
The Immigrant Legal Resource Center is Hiring!
Accounting Assistant – San Francisco, CA
The Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) is seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant in our San Francisco, CA headquarters. This is a non-exempt position that reports to the Controller.
The ILRC is a national nonprofit legal support center with offices located in San Francisco, California; the Central Valley of California; San Antonio, TX; Austin, TX; and Washington D.C. Founded in 1979, the ILRC is regarded as one of the foremost experts on engaging immigrants and developing their leadership in the democratic process; providing expertise on complex issues of immigration law, procedure, and policy; and engaging in advocacy and educational initiatives on policies that affect immigrants. We are a team-based organization that makes decisions in a collaborative fashion that allows for significant staff input.
The Accounting Assistant will play a critical role in supporting the Finance Team and will enhance the effectiveness of the ILRC and further amplify the impact of our work.
Job Responsibilities: The specific job responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant include:
- Enter all invoices submitted for payment, scan signed checks and invoices, and mail checks
- Enter weekly deposits and scan deposits/checks
- Enter weekly sales and donation entries and manual credit card transactions
- Follow up with staff for the credit card, TSheets, and Expensify transactions
- Prepare a monthly sales report and assist with donation reconciliation
- Perform clerical duties such as arranging mail & courier, filing, and making folders, binder, labels
- Responsible for sending old Finance files to storage
- Provide backup coverage when Finance Coordinators are on vacation
- Assist Controller with the balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist Controller with the month-end financial reporting package
- Assist Controller with the year-end audit working paper
- Any other duties as assigned by the controller
Qualifications: The qualifications for the Accounting Assistant include:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of bookkeeping or general accounting experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks (Desktop), Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Willingness to explore and learn software tools
- Enthusiasm for responsibilities and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfort with working independently.
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Respect for all co-workers and partner collaborators, and enthusiasm for working in a team-based, collaborative organization.
The annual pay range for this position is $48,000 - $53,000. The ILRC offers excellent benefits, medical/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The ILRC also sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
This position will remain open until filled. To ensure consideration, please submit a cover letter explaining your qualifications for and interest in the position, a resume, and the names of three references.
Online applications are preferred. As an alternative, you can mail your application to:
Accounting Assistant Hiring Committee
Immigrant Legal Resource Center
1458 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
No phone calls, please.
The ILRC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply.