Digital Content Creator (part time)
- Experience Level
ACP Digital Content Creator (part time)
Atlanta Celebrates Photography is looking for someone to make and find sparkling shareable content that celebrates photography and Atlanta’s role in it!
Working with ACP’s Digital Director, you’ll collaborate on coverage, initiate story subjects, and be able to bring new ideas, methods and strategies to ACP’s digital presence. If you know the difference(s) between a Facebook story and IGTV, understand the role of influencers in moving the needle for a small non-profit and want to get involved in a meaningful way in Atlanta’s art scene, please apply or share these requirements.
- Monthly content calendar meetings with ACP’s Digital Director that outlines daily, weekly and monthly deliverables
- Creating video content such as interviews with local artists (and others using photography in interesting ways) as well as nationally known talent ACP brings to ATL - for all digital & social media platforms
- Covering ACP events (especially during the festival - Sept. through Nov.)
- reaching out to new audiences (IG activations) including organizing, scheduling and producing IG takeovers with Atlanta-based photographers and photo-based artists
- generally creating visibility for Atlanta-based creators and ACP Festival participating venues
- Keeping track of analytics to understand effectiveness of content efforts
- Having the flexibility to schedule your own shoots and edits while adhering to the organization’s content calendar
- Using your own gear and software to capture, process, and publish video content across the digital spectrum. Stellar audio quality to accompany video content is a must.
Necessary Qualifications and Abilities:
● Proven success maintaining a social media following - particularly instagram.
● The ideal candidate will understand social of the menu of digital platforms available, and see how
these platforms weave together in support of ACP’s overall digital strategy.
● You’ll need to be able to move quickly, in scheduling, organizing, tracking your own projects, and
creating on-the-fly coverage of a dynamic and wide-ranging arts non-profit.
● Your own gear and software (for images, video, audio, and editing) is a necessity.
Who is Atlanta Celebrates Photography?
Atlanta Celebrates Photography is a 20 year old nonprofit that produces an October festival and year-round programs to celebrate the world’s fastest growing art form. The ACP Festival is the largest annual photography festival in the United Sates. The festival consists of a core group of ACP programs, complimented by photography-related events and exhibitions produced by artists, galleries, museums and nontraditional spaces – almost 100 events transforming Atlanta into a coordinated cultural experience. Our programs are designed to engage and inspire photography enthusiasts of all ages (from the serious professional to the occasional selfie-taker). We believe photography changes lives and connects people. Visit ACPinfo.org to learn more.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed with this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work mostly from home,
Must be able to attend Monthly in-person strategy meetings at the ACP office and occasional Board or Committee meetings.
Must be able to manage an active and flexible schedule necessary for capturing interviews and content on-site at events as they happen.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Graphic design skills are a plus
Hours/pay: 15-18 hrs/wk @ $25/hr
To Apply: Send resume that also includes writing samples and Links to your Twitter, Facebook, IG etc., so we can experience your online personality. Be sure to include samples of professional work you’ve done to: email@example.com
Closing: August 14