Chief Financial Officer
- Experience Level
In the early morning hours of June 12, 2016, an act of terror and hate took the lives of 49 angels and left 68 others wounded. Pulse Nightclub, a sanctuary of love and acceptance for Orlando’s LGBTQ community, was specifically targeted in this heinous act.
In the aftermath of one of the deadliest mass shootings in modern American history, the community came together to prove that love will overcome fear and hatred. Under this banner, the onePULSE Foundation was created as a 501(c)(3) to memorialize this tragedy and ensure Pulse’s legacy of love, acceptance and hope was never lost. With the help of gracious donors, we continue to prove that We Will Not Let Hate Win.
MISISON & VISION STATEMENT
To create and support a memorial that opens hearts, a museum that opens minds, educational programs that open eyes and endowed scholarships that open doors.
Establishing a sanctuary of healing and a beacon of hope by memorializing the lives taken the lives saved and all the lives affected by the Pulse nightclub tragedy of June 12, 2016 – ensuring Pulse’s legacy of love lives on forever.
The CFO will define the process and implement the infrastructure / systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to ten years. He or she will work closely with senior leadership and the board of trustees to develop and implement strategies across the foundation. The CFO will oversee all compliance and recognition for government contract and private grants. He or she must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment.
- Oversee cash flow management
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize predictive models and activity –based financial analyses to provide insight into the foundation’s operations and business plans.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets and tracking all expenses
- Present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to the finance committee of the board of directors, CEO, COO, chairman and board members
- Ensure all legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating investment portfolio
- Overseeing others in the completion and timely filing of all regulatory, legal and other filing necessary to maintain 501(c)(3) status
- Maintaining the safe keeping all financial records
- Participating and overseeing the annual financial auditing process and working cooperatively with auditors
- Protecting the assets of the foundation by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls in all areas
- Supervise the accounting staff to ensure smooth day-to-day operations
- Proven work experience as a CFO, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management and forecasting methods
- Extensive knowledge of short and long term investment returns
- Hands-on experience with accounting and financial management software (Quickbooks)
- Expertise in MS Excel, word and other Microsoft office applications
- In-depth knowledge on the way nonprofit organizations are structured
- Excellent written / oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; well-developed analytical abilities and organizational skills
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Ability to work as a team player, collaborate with the community, and respond to inquiries and concerns from others, including associates, board members, vendors etc.
- BS Accounting or related field with MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in financial management and accounting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
onePULSE Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.