Education & Publications Coordinator
- Degree Level
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Education and Publications Coordinator will work with the Professional Education Associate to assist with the promotion of the Foundation’s Professional Education programs, and with the Associate Director, Education to oversee the distribution of the Foundation’s publications and assist with coordinating the 2020 Care Partner Summit. This is a contract position with a one-year term.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Strategic Communications (reporting to Professional Education Associate):
- Assist in monitoring and tracking media placements for Professional Education program outreach.
- Compile health focused and national media lists for Professional Education programs.
- Assist in pitching Professional Education programs to local and national media outlets.
- Compile lists of top national Physical Therapy, Nursing programs and others in preparation for program outreach.
- Assist in distributing program information to above lists .
Publications and Care Partner Summit (reporting to Associate Director, Education):
Oversee the distribution of publications:
- Prepare invoices for payment by Accounts Payable.
- Oversee supply and processing orders of materials.
- Maintain the flow of Aware in Care orders coming in through Aware in Care Ambassadors for distribution and input into our constituent management database.
- Liaise with Field Staff, high level volunteers, Centers of Excellence, and professionals connected through our Professional Education network around bulk orders of materials and troubleshooting the online order system.
Coordinate community outreach for the 2020 Care Partner Summit, including:
- Research publications in English and Spanish across the country that may receive press releases.
- Connect with the Area Agencies on Aging networks, approximately 600 agencies serving older adults in virtually every community in the nation, to share information with their local communities about live streaming the summit.
- Coordinating with senior centers, senior living communities, and Parkinson’s specific classes (i.e. Rock Steady Boxing) to promote the Care Partner Summit and the opportunity to host local viewing parties on a national level via their email lists and social media pages.
- Oversee communications with Care Partner Summit viewing party coordinators. We expect to have 40 viewing parties that are sponsored by the foundation, plus additional that are not sponsored. Last year this included 8 in Central and South America.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working on educational programs or initiatives
- Demonstrated skills strategic communications, copy editing and outreach.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database a plus.
- Comfortable with outreach work to media contacts and people with Parkinson’s.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to organization mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Education & Publications Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.