Individual Giving Associate
5 days left
- Experience Level
Position Title: Individual Giving Associate ("IGA")
Reports to: Director of Individual Giving
Fountain House, a world-renowned community mental health organization, successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. Founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
Working closely with the Director of Individual Giving, the IGA will implement Fountain House’s donor activities within the External Affairs department. This position is a great fit for someone who is detail-oriented and organized, a strong communicator, knowledgeable about direct marketing, a good writer and passionate about promoting mental health.
- To support and assist the growth of the individual giving program at Fountain House.
- To develop, implement, and coordinate strategies for donor retention, new donor acquisition, donor upgrades and monthly conversion.
- To systematize cultivation, solicitation and giving activities.
- In partnership with direct mail consultants, execute annual multi-channel direct marketing program from conceptualization, design, copywriting through gift acknowledgement and reporting process.
- Collaborate with Communications team to gather stories, images, and programmatic information to be utilized in direct marketing solicitation and cultivation pieces.
- Take lead on developing other annual giving campaigns, including monthly giving, social media, peer-to-peer fundraising and workplace giving.
- Design and test cultivation and stewardship vehicles to keep donors informed and engaged, including but not limited to new donor welcome series, lead nurturing campaigns, cultivation events, and advocacy and volunteer opportunities.
- Develop, coordinate, cultivate and steward relationships with current mid-level donors ($250-$4,999) through moves management.
- Conduct research to support Director of Individual Giving efforts. Responsible for a weekly meeting to present donor profiles; gift reports, statistical and analytical reports, financial and gift summaries using Salesforce, iWave, online research.
- Write proposals, reports, letters, and acknowledgments, as well as prepare presentations that are persuasive, inspiring, and customized to target individuals and family foundations.
- Administration of the Individual Giving Team’s moves management progress within the organization’s donor database. Maintain donor records and files, including actions, participation, relationships and engagements.
- Provides support for meetings and events; prepares background information materials, may attend, assist with follow-up and next steps.
- Respond to; phone, email, online inquiries.
- Produce mailing lists as needed.
- Gift Processing; record incoming gifts in database, prepare monthly gift reports, and coordinate timely acknowledgements for all gifts received.
- Generate queries to produce analytical reports and create fundraising reports as requested by the Director of Individual Giving.
- Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
- 3-5 year’s work experience in non-profit fundraising
- Knowledge of mental health issues and passion for alleviating the associated stigma
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to write clearly, persuasively and effectively in a variety of formats
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in individual giving program
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work effectively to produce measurable results; keeps current with and effectively applies new work methods, skills and technologies to complete work. Experience working with MS Office suite software, Adobe CS, and email marketing tools (Pardot, Mailchimp, BlueState Digital, etc.), CRM (Salesforce NPSP preferred), and peer-to-peer tools (Classy).
- Good sense of humor and ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
Starting Salary: $45K
- Paid Time Off Accrued for maximum of 23 days
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life Insurance paid by Fountain House (2x salary)
- Optional Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to FHexternalaffairs@yahoo.com. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO