5 days left
- Degree Level
THE ATLANTA SPEECH SCHOOL
The Rollins Center for Language & Literacy is the professional learning arm of the Atlanta Speech School, dedicated to the mission of providing instruction and coaching for professionals in Education, Healthcare, Government and in the Community. These professionals make up the ecosystem around young children that are required for each child’s reading brain construction. More specifically, we synthesize the nation’s best research in this area and translate it into best practices professionals can put in place right away. Through our on-site live work and online campus, we offer ongoing mentoring and coaching to professionals so ALL children are on a path to reading proficiently by the end of third grade. Our online learning management system is the Cox Campus. The Cox Campus courses are universally accessible and free of charge (coxcampus.org).
Project Manager Job Purpose: The Project Manager (PM), under the direction of the Director of Strategy & Operations, is responsible for overall project and budget coordination as well as documentation and management of project schedules according to specifications and deadlines. The PM will use project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements and oversee project logistics (e.g. a specific Cox Campus Course Development and launch)
Project Manager Essential Job Duties:
- Use project management tools for tracking projects and resources to coordinate project timelines and budgets
- Coordinate communications when needed with partners and project team
- Monitor multiple projects for key dates and deliverables and assist project teams with on time delivery using negotiation skills as needed
- Understand and apply sense of urgency appropriate to team deadlines and all partner time-sensitive needs
- Route project information to team and partners for approval
- Communicate changes and/or challenges to the Director in a timely manner
- Manage critical path and resources needed to complete projects
- Proof reports and work products to ensure that all materials are accurate
- Build, develop and grow relationships with internal and external partners
- Identify, assess and minimize project risks until successful project completion - adept at identifying potential roadblocks related to budgets, resources and timelines, and reporting these potential issues to the Director
- Participate in team or agency projects as assigned
- Continually track and evaluate cost-effectiveness and use of resources
- Analyze and manage team initiatives for improved processes and efficiencies
- Manage, update and hold team accountable to Project Management system
- Become a subject matter expert of the Project Management tool and share useful tips and usage recommendations with the rest of the team
- Continually hone Project Management skills to support ongoing improvement in job performance
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
- 3-5 years of professional experience with Agile and Kanban project management
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Agile and Kanban project management
- Must possess strong organizational and prioritization skills – ability to manage multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously with drive, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Enjoyment and understanding of technology, online learning
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work with teams across various geographic locations
- Proficient in Project Management software and related tools – experience with SmartSheet a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach. Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a 220-day, full-time school position, offering a generous benefit package including health/dental/life/vision and long term disability insurance. The Speech School subsidizes health insurance premiums of staff and families. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account; 403(b) Plan; cost reduction of some Atlanta Speech School services; complimentary meals during working hours; and accrued sick leave.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
To ensure that your application is considered, please submit cover letter and resume by August 12, 2019. In addition, please provide a written statement describing how your skills, talents, and expertise in project management would support the Rollins Center in reaching its 2020 goal of ALL children being on a path to reading proficiently by the end of third grade (please limit to 500 words).
Subject line: Project Manager for the Rollins Center for Language and Literacy
Please, no phone inquiries.