Program Associate, Housing and Homelessness
4 days left
- Degree Level
Organizational Overview RDA is a mission driven, woman-owned consulting firm with a 30-year history; our commitment to social justice permeates every aspect of our work. We provide consultation to city, county, and state agencies and non-profit organizations through the provision of planning, evaluation, resource and organizational development, data analysis, facilitation, and training and technical support services. Our efforts are aimed at addressing persistent social, health and economic problems of populations served by public agencies. Learn more about our mission, services, and strengths-based approach to our work: http://www.resourcedevelopment.net.
Resource Development Associates is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong qualitative and quantitative data collection and analytic research skills. The ideal candidate will demonstrate content knowledge and experience in homelessness and/or housing; a commitment to social and/or economic justice; and successful professional experience in at least four of the following areas: mixed-methods data analysis, program evaluation, strategic planning, community engagement and research methods, program planning and design, collective impact, program/strategy implementation, and proposal and/or grant writing. Program Associates work as members of project teams with Research Associates and Senior Program Associates on a wide range of projects including but not limited to: program evaluation; program, operational, and strategic planning; technical assistance and implementation support; organizational development; grant writing and responses to requests for proposals (RFPs). This position will work at least 50% on homelessness-focused projects; the rest of the time will work on a range of other subject areas, including workforce development, behavioral health, justice systems/reentry, education, or public health. The Program Associate position is a mid-level position and can lead to project management and other levels of employment.
- Develop mixed-methods research methodologies, outline data collection and analysis plans, and describe sampling and testing information;
- Develop descriptive, statistical, economic, and cost analysis models;
- Develop quantitative or administrative data requests and conduct quality assurance checks on datasets;
- Develop and finalize qualitative data collection tools and surveys;
- Prepare complete, accurate, relevant, and high-quality data visualizations and presentation materials;
- Use data visualization tools and techniques, design data dashboards, and prepare infographics to present synthesis of data;
- Prepare and conduct quality reviews of final deliverables including PowerPoint presentations, memos, and final reports
- Conduct research on best practices and prepare literature reviews;
- Prepare written submissions in response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and develop grant applications;
- Work directly with RDA clients to provide support and develop collaborative working relationships
- Work as a team member with other staff on multiple projects and efforts;
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, and conferences on behalf of RDA;
- Organize and conduct focus groups and key informant interviews;
- Draft and finalize evaluation reports, strategic plans, grant proposals, and needs assessments.
- Minimum Qualifications
- PhD or master’s degree in social work, public policy, public administration, public health, education, or related field
- Three years of work experience in research, consulting, government, or non-profit organizations
- Direct experience studying or working within the field of homelessness/supportive housing
- Exceptional skills in all forms of communication (verbal, written, presentation)
- Experience in quantitative and statistical analysis
- Professionalism in the workplace and out in the field
- Ability to work independently, collaborate effectively as part of a team, and successfully manage both laterally and up
- Strong attention to detail and effective time management
- Multilingual skills desirable
- Experience working with and within culturally and ethnically diverse communities
- 100% RDA sponsored health / dental / vision insurance
- RDA sponsored long & short-term disability Insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit and parking expenses
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- RDA sponsored life and AD&D insurance
- 401k, with RDA discretionary match after 2 years
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. RDA appreciates each application it receives, but due the volume of responses for positions at RDA, only candidates who best fit the needs of the organization will be contacted.
As an equal opportunity employer, RDA is committed to equitable and inclusionary hiring practices. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including those with lived experience of homelessness.