3 days left
- Experience Level
Combining compassion and debt buying expertise, founders Jerry Ashton and Craig Antico started RIP Medical Debt in 2014 to help those in need break out of the destructive bonds of medical debt. This is accomplished by using donor contributions to buy and forgive millions in oppressive medical debt for pennies on the dollar; $100 forgives $1,000 in medical debt.
By identifying, targeting and purchasing bulk debt portfolios, RIP Medical Debt’s abolishment program has the power to transform the lives of entire communities. Medical debt forgiveness gives struggling individuals a fresh start, allows them to seek the continued medical care they need, and helps along the path to financial stability. The economic impact of this work is currently the subject of research at MIT, UCLA, UC-Berkeley, and the University of Chicago.
RIP has been featured nationally on NBC Nightly News, in The New York Times and on HBO's Last Week Tonight, among many others. Founders Jerry Ashton and Craig Antico were recognized by Town & Country Magazine as Top Philanthropists of 2018.
Executive Director Responsibilities
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to fulfill RIP Medical Debt’s mission while operationalizing growth.
- Actively engage in building and diversifying the organization’s funding base and lead the effort to grow revenue and donors to ensure RIP Medical Debt has the funds required to meet its ambitious debt abolishment goals.
- Serve as a credible and enthusiastic spokesperson for RIP Medical Debt, leveraging its strong brand and clearly communicating its vision and value proposition.
- Lead effective change management to support the organization’s evolution while building a cohesive culture and strong esprit de corps across a distributed team structure.
To read more about the opportunity and the ideal candidate, view the full position profile here: https://waldronhr.com/searches/rip-medical-debt
Preferred Background and Experience
- Significant track record of progressively responsible senior leadership experience, with a proven history of successfully navigating organizations through strategic evolutions and leadership transitions.
- Deep familiarity with best practices in nonprofit management and the administrative sophistication to lead an organization operating in a highly complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build an organization’s financial capacity with a focus on contributed income.
- Participatory and inclusive leadership style that fosters diverse points of view, respectful collaboration and accountability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to be an inspiring public advocate for the organization and its mission.
To Be Considered
An equal opportunity employer, RIP Medical Debt is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. RIP Medical Debt does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. A current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest and fit for the role should be submitted through Waldron’s Candidate Web Portal, https://waldronhr.com/searches/rip-medical-debt