Chief Finance & Operations Officer
3 days left
- Experience Level
Experience the reward and fulfillment of making a difference while making a living…
Safe & Sound is the eminent children’s advocacy organization based in San Francisco working to prevent child abuse and reduce its devastating impact on children, their families, and our entire community. For over 45 years, we have been pioneers in the field of child abuse prevention, working both within San Francisco and recently throughout the state. Our agency provides direct service, community education, and we partner with a variety of community and statewide resources in order to achieve our mission of eliminating child abuse.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Chief Finance & Operations Officer (CFOO) to lead and manage our infrastructure and people systems in order to ensure financial strength, operating efficiency, and growth. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and in close partnership with members of the Leadership Team, the CFOO oversees the organization’s Finance, Human Resources, and Centralized Operations teams, and provides connections and integration across multiple departments and sites. The CFOO must be motivated to foster a positive organizational culture grounded in Safe & Sound’s values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and trauma-informed practices.
The organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $8m and is supported by 60+ team members and more than 80 volunteers. The position is full-time, on-site, with periodic travel between our two sites located in the Haight-Ashbury and Bayview neighborhoods. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package. This is a great opportunity to join a highly dedicated team that provides vital services to the community!
Here is a sampling of your primary accountabilities:
- Co-lead in development and execution of agency strategy and operating plans
- Foster positive organizational culture and attainment of our mission
- Establish and deliver on short and long-term financial goals and budgets
- All financial management, accounting, policies, processes, reporting, and related regulatory requirements
- Leadership to Data & Evaluation team responsible for statistical reporting and analysis of program data
- Direct supervision of four senior managers
- Oversee knowledge and document- sharing strategy and system, ensuring standardized and accessible information
- Communication with Board and external stakeholders, including bank relationships, auditors, others
- Oversight of HR and Talent Management, including compliance with employment laws, policies
- Oversight of payroll and benefit administration, HRIS
- Develop and implement infrastructure plans for facilities, administrative systems, contracts, security, and technology
- Strong alignment with Safe & Sound’s mission and values including diversity, equity, and inclusion, along with our foundational commitment to trauma-informed principles and practices.
- Experience successfully leading with an organization-wide perspective while supporting and developing individuals and teams.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and implementation, preferably in a non-profit environment; government contracts, Board of Directors, nonprofit funding streams.
- Ten years in Finance/Accounting with at least five in managerial roles.
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence. Ability to navigate, with calmness and confidence, complex and sometimes challenging internal and external relationships and dynamics. Ability to build meaningful and trusting relationships.
- Superior written & verbal communication. Ability to convey expectations clearly, maintain accurate and constant flows of information, translate complex financial concepts to others at all levels, and handle sensitive and confidential material in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent hands-on analytical problem-solving skills, computer skills (advanced Excel), and knowledge or ability to learn financial accounting software and applications (FUND E-Z, Bill.com) and human resources information system (ADP).
- Strong ability to prioritize, manage projects, and work autonomously as well as in collaboration.
If you meet these requirements, resonate with our mission, and have a strong desire to work in an organization that fills a critical need in the community, we’d like to hear from you!
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.