Development & Events Assistant
- Experience Level
This position works closely with the Director of Donor Engagement and the Senior Manager of Community Events in order to organize the development department schedule, prepare documents and other collateral materials, provide support for special events, and accomplish departmental administrative tasks. The right candidate will be an extremely organized individual with the highest level of attention for detail. Close, daily communication with the entire Resource Development team is necessary, especially when support for special projects is needed. Attendance will be required at development events that sometimes take place outside the office and outside of regular work hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have excellent computer and organization skills. Attention to detail and ability to organize information will be critical skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to start and resume work on projects as priorities change. This position requires a team-oriented person who understands the dynamic of working with a management team and board members to achieve organization goals.
• Assist in planning and executing all events related to Open Hand, especially our signature events – Dining Out For Life and Party in the Kitchen
• Assist with all special events which often fall outside of regular office hours
• Manage expense reports, check requests, invoice requests, and incoming mail for the members of the Resource Development team
• Answering Development inbound phone calls
• Maintain an effective and organized filing system of materials related to all department activities and department collateral materials
• Prepare, edit, and send daily checks and credit cards emails
• Inventory and order office supplies and some collateral materials for the entire Resource Development department
• Courier grant applications, reports, and other deliveries as needed
• Manage birthday, honor, and memory card processes
• Prepare content and design drafts for newsletters and social media posts
• Assist the Development Database Administrator with record research and maintenance in the GivEffect database
• Efficiently organize and maintain the Resource Development’s calendar, including making appointments and preparing materials for meetings
• Assist in updating social media channels
• Assist in preparing agendas for departmental meetings
• Provide a leadership role in preparing for meetings, including assembly of meeting materials, ordering food, and other tasks as needed
• Assisting with special projects assigned by the Director of Donor Engagement and Senior Manager of Community Events
• Other duties as requested
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required
• Experience using a donor management system preferred
• Familiarity with non-profit mission messaging and fundraising and/or customer service and sales are preferred.
• Integrity, honesty, ethics, creativity and proactive thinking are needed.
• Must be a self-starter who can independently assess and determine priorities.
• Undergraduate degree or related administrative experience
• The employee is regularly required to sit at a computer, answer the telephone, use hands and arms to write, file, and perform other office duties. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, drive a car, and lift and/or move 25 pounds. The employee must be able to talk, hear, and see
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.