Program Assistant ( Service position through AmeriCorps)
4 days left
- Experience Level
"I Am College Material" Program Assistant
The Scholarship Academy (TSA) is the nation's only curriculum-based scholarship preparatory program that trains low-income, first generation students how to use the principles of leadership, entrepreneurship and civic engagement to reduce student loan debt and increase eligibility for entry level positions. The “I Am College Material” Program Assistant will serve in an assigned Metro Atlanta public high school. This member will collaborate effectively with other “I Am College Material” team members to provide education on the college access, financial aid, and scholarship acquisition process. The member will have recurring access to vulnerable populations.
- Recruiting and training Scholarship Academy ambassadors and volunteers to assist with providing core curriculum modules and serving as scholarship mentors.
- Communicating with partner organizations, vendors, and sponsors.
- Coordinating TSA courses at partner site, collecting data and reporting outcomes to share with partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Maintaining student portfolios and online student profiles.
- Coordinate whole school supports such as boot camps, scholarship lunches, and scholarship bus visits.
- Assist with coordination of TSA Signature Events such as The Scholarship Fair and Financial Aid Simulation Day.
- Training students and identified school staff on how to use the Virtual Scholarship Center.
Applicants must have experience working with at-risk youth, must be a solid facilitator and have extensive knowledge and or experience in the financial aid field. STRONGLY RECOMENDED.
- Some college Required
- Sensitivity to people of all cultures, ethnicities, and religious backgrounds; comfort in cross-cultural environments.
- Ability to solve problems and develop effective solutions, especially collaboratively.
- Aptitude for building relationships and making interpersonal connections.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and handle potentially stressful situations calmly and appropriately.
- High energy, enthusiastic, strong commitment to public service and social justice.
- Familiarity with the college admissions process, including standardized tests, application process and financial aid strongly preferred.
- Strong Facilitation Skills/ Comfort speaking in front of groups and presenting information clearly and logically.
- Computer competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to submit to criminal background check.
- Access to reliable transportation.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development Full Time jobs in Atlanta