Signature Events Coordinator
2 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
ABOUT PARKINSON’S FOUNDATION:
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
ABOUT PARKINSON’S CHAMPIONS:
Parkinson’s Champions is the Parkinson’s Foundation third party and grassroots fundraising program. Champions raise awareness and funds through hosting local events, running endurance races, and Facebook fundraisers. Champions come from all 50 states and raise anywhere from $100 to $50,000 creating, hosting, and executing events.
The Signature Events Coordinator will be responsible for participant recruitment and stewardship, fundraising strategy, customer service, and on-site support of events that promote the Foundation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with field staff, other internal departments and volunteer leaders to create, manage and execute signature events projects.
- Recruit participants and support their fundraising, training, and encourage overperformance.
- Oversee development of new fundraisers while coordinating and researching new opportunities for programming.
- Conduct program-wide analytics, track revenue, coordinate marketing, develop communications.
- Strengthen digital presence and develop resources to enhance participant experience.
- Procure event merchandise and promotional materials.
- Oversee vendor invoice and payments, purchasing transactions and vendor set-up.
- Provide exceptional customer service over the phone, via email, and in-person.
- Work collaboratively Signature Events Team and other departments to create resources to expand signature events.
- Actively seek opportunities to address organizational needs and positively impact the local communities while advancing the Foundation mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of national office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Provide day of event support for selected events.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years of experience in management of events, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Goal driven with a desire to work in fundraising.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff and a variety of external individuals and organizations.
- Self-motivated, results oriented team member with strong organizational skills.
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
- Familiarity with Luminate CRM, Raiser’s Edge, and Crowdrise platforms or equivalent is a plus.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Signature Events Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.