Online Community Coordinator
- Experience Level
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Online Community Coordinator will drive the adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect. Our ideal candidate will be a relationship builder, have familiarity with the CDFI industry, understand the potential of a robust online community, and able to develop engaging content and build relationships with OFN members.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Drive adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect-- coordinating with managers and stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to members.
- Oversee all technical aspects of the online community, including working with vendor (Higher Logic) to address, resolve, and communicate issues related to the features and functionality of the platform.
- Develop community-wide communications and engagement strategy and content programming plan.
- Engage with the CDFI Connect community by programming posts that will drive conversation, connect members with shared interests, identify and recognize top contributors.
- Ensure that the user experience on CDFI Connect is simple, clear, and engaging.
- Work closely with colleagues in program management business lines to develop tactical plans to build and support community among their constituents.
- Monitor discussions, resource postings, and trends within CDFI Connect.
- Identify and report trends in usage and advise on potential opportunities.
- Create, develop, and maintain community training resources, guidelines and policies.
- Train OFN staff on how to participate and engage in the community.
- Grow the size and impact of CDFI Connect.
- Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5-7 years of direct professional communications experience.
- 3-5 years of professional communications experience preferably within a national membership association or developing and growing large-scale online communities.
- Experience working with digital platforms and website content management systems.
- Experience working with professional social media, email marketing, and management software experience.
- A strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision, and values. Familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred where one can be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Exceptional communication skills in public and private settings both in presentation and written formats.
- A collaborative team player who possess good interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work.
- Smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Ability to assist with online publishing and ability to assist senior staff with adapting content for social media, blog posts, and forums as well as a diverse audience.
- Strong project planning skills, keen attention to details, and ability to manage multiple projects with ease.
- Ability to set priorities and follow through on challenging situations with a supervisor, and effectively manage time under moderate supervision.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-15% of the time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond the ability to travel.
- Knowledge of Higher Logic community platform a plus.
Supervisor’s Title: EVP, Membership FLSA Status: Exempt
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position