The Atlanta Neighborhood Development Partnership, Inc. (ANDP) is a 28 year-old affordable housing nonprofit located in downtown Atlanta. Our mission is to promote, create and preserve mixed income communities through direct development, lending, policy research and advocacy that result in the equitable distribution of affordable housing throughout the metropolitan Atlanta region. Since its inception, ANDP has supported the creation of more than 11,000 units of housing for people of low to moderate incomes and has grown its footprint from the City of Atlanta to the wider ten-county metro Atlanta region. In pursuit of its mission, ANDP serves three key roles: Housing Development (Single-Family and Multi-Family), Housing Finance, and Policy and Community Engagement. ANDP is a proud member of the Housing Partnership Network and a chartered member of NeighborWorks America.
In 2009 ANDP launched its Foreclosure Redevelopment program and has acquired and rehabilitated over 500 single family scattered-site properties. It has also grown its multifamily ownership and private partnerships from 1 property to 5 properties with 2 additional projects under development. These efforts have impacted metro Atlanta communities that were hit hard by the foreclosure crisis and its lingering impacts, including underwater neighborhoods where outstanding mortgage balances significantly exceed property values.
Staff Accountant: Role and Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing daily accounting tasks to support both ANDP’s Chief Financial Officer and the Housing Development staff. Responsibilities would include reconciling accounts, paying invoices, assisting with the month-end closing process and managing utilities for properties. S/he will report to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the Housing Development staff on property-specific transactions.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Organizational Accounting Needs
- Prepare and record general ledger entries, reconcile account balances and make appropriate corrections where necessary
- Reconcile bank statements
- Support and back up the Accounting Administrative Manager during vacations and absences, maintaining strictest confidentiality.
- Maintain Fixed Assets schedules
- Maintain Contributions and grants revenue schedules
- Assist with the month end closing process
- Maintain office and property insurance policies
- Assist with year-end audit
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Housing Development Accounting Needs
- Prepare for payment all property related bills
- Manage all connection and disconnecting of utilities
- Assist with reporting to and invoicing of funders to ensure timely remittance of payment to ANDP
- Assist with management of Developer Central single family database to ensure all documents are uploaded and data entered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related field
- Two years of experience in accounting or related business area
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven initiative and excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work on deadline.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Access and Accounting Software knowledge preferred; proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ANDP is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination in all areas of employment. All decisions relating to employment and personnel will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected category.