4 days left
- Experience Level
The primary responsibility of the ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT will be to assist the Executive Director in the administrative and bookkeeping support for EPAAF. Activities include creating new systems, using quick books, and Salesforce to log donations and expenses. The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT will also be responsible for supporting the administrative and operational needs of EPAAF. The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT will be working with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the Executive Director, the Board, students and alumni of EPAA, volunteers, and donors. In this capacity, the ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT performs a variety of financial and administrative tasks requiring the exercise of independent judgment and resourcefulness.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for weekly administrative tasks such as invoice and payment processing, gift processing, uploading documents, and filing
- Keep contacts and data up to date, working with various programs including, but not limited to, Salesforce, QuickBooks, and PayPal
- Troubleshoot administrative needs and help establish efficient processes within the organization
- Perform a variety of responsible, and confidential administrative and financial duties
- Serve as point of administrative/finance contact and liaison for EPAAF Scholarship awardees
- Prepare statistical, financial and administrative reports and presentations for the Board of Directors, Audit Finance Committee, staff, students, and/or specific groups as requested.
- Collaborate with various Executive Office personnel to ensure that the schedule and routine administrative duties are executed with quality and within timelines.
- Research, gather and compile relevant information for reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries. Coordinate and maintain the EPAAF insurance policies for annual renewal. Retirement plan coordination.
- Schedule and attend meetings as necessary; take and disseminate minutes and information as needed.
- Plan, prioritize, and coordinate tasks, as assigned, to meet deadlines.
- Develop recommendations for improving operations.
- Resolve unexpected, difficult, sensitive and routine problems and requests using discretion and tact involving students, faculty, staff and external vendors.
- Enhance professional growth and development through educational programs, current literature, in-service events, seminars, and workshops.
- Assist with the finance and purchasing
- Process Donor Acknowledgements
- Assist in event planning and coordination
- Work with the Executive Director to provide operational and administrative support for financial reporting, communications, and development
- Research grant opportunities for EPAAF and maintain a master plan and timeline for securing funds
- Assist in preparation of grant proposals and reports
- Provide accounting and budgetary support
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to details
- Able to hold her- or him-self and others to high standards, while also offering support and maintaining positive relationships
- Comfortable and confident in working with first-generation college attendees
- Strong presentation and communication skills, able to edit and proofread effectively
- Comfortable discussing issues of race and class, as well as, an understanding of the obstacles and conditions facing underserved youth in our community
- Ability to analyze situations and problem solve
- Proficient in using the internet, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks
- Some knowledge withSaleforce
- Focused on results – a flexible thinker who understands the chief metric is student achievement
- Able to thrive in a small team environment and able to work autonomously yet take direction as needed
- Able to respond appropriately to stressful situations
- Strong belief in the EPAA and EPAAF mission and educational model
- Exceptional patience and understanding, with excellent listening skills
- Excellent work ethic and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- Strong sense of initiative, flexibility and cooperation in undertaking a complex workload within tight deadlines
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required with at least two to five years of experience in the nonprofit sector, social service setting, preferably working with young adults; a combination of education and workplace experience will be considered
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Regular access to reliable transportation
- Communications/marketing major, nonprofit, journalism, or related field
- Experience working with websites, blogs, and social media and/or writing online articles/posts
- Experience organizing events is a plus
- Salary is based upon experience. Employees receive an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, paid holidays and sick days, and the option to contribute to a 403(b).
- No phone calls please. Interested Candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, and no fewer than three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
About East Palo Alto Academy Foundation
East Palo Alto Academy Foundation (EPAAF) is a small nonprofit corporation dedicated to supporting the work of East Palo Alto Academy (EPAA), a public charter high school in the Bay Area. The mission of EPAAF is to advocate for, advance and raise funds to benefit the students and college-attending graduates of East Palo Alto Academy. The school serves over 300 students from East Palo Alto and nearby communities, and offers a unique blend of personalized learning, college preparation, early college access, and wellness programming. The organization is committed to raising annual support for the school, with a particular emphasis on its special programs. As such, the organization subsidizes key personnel within the high school, including a Director of Wellness and Student Support and an Early College Program Director. Finally, EPAAF works to link the work of the high school to the work and interests of faculty, staff and alumni within Stanford University, cultivating opportunities for research, coaching, and volunteerism in support of EPAA students.