Director of Clinical Programs
- Experience Level
The Director of Clinical Programs will have primary responsibility for directing, managing and supervising the staff of the Therapy Department. Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position will function as a part of the center’s management team. Experience in the field of domestic violence and sexual assault psychotherapy preferred. Spanish bilingual preferred.
- Requires a master’s degree in counseling/psychology or social work or related field.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate activities of professional staff with goal of assuring quality services, grant and contract compliance.
- Must have excellent communication skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Understanding of root causes of domestic violence and sexual assault and molest.
- Clinical skills to respond and treat children and adults in trauma, provide crisis intervention, and develop treatment plans for adult victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and child victims of various forms of abuse. Must have the ability to work under conditions requiring flexibility and team member response to victims in crisis.
- High degree of sensitivity to and respect for diversity and cultural issues involved in working with clients of varying ethnicities and income.
- High understanding and respect for individual survival strategies while promoting ever-increasing healthier choices.
- Recruitment, hiring, training and both administrative and clinical supervision of the staff of the Therapy Department.
- Supervision shall include annual reviews and regular meetings to review progress of staff members and provide opportunity for feedback from staff to Director of Clinical Programs.
- Serve as field placement supervisor for master’s level trainees and interns
- Participate in planning for grant applications. To include budget and objective development.
- Monitor and report statistics pertaining to grant funded objectives of the Counseling/Therapy department.
- Supervise and review preparation of any assigned grant reports.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures which support clinical quality for clients of Empower Yolo.
- Facilitate the coordination of agency space and resources to support the Therapy Department.
- Participate in the development of a department budget and administer budget support of agency budget goals.
- Train staff during Empower Yolo’s bi-annual peer counselor training.
- Provide quality control for Empower Yolo for peer counseling and therapeutic services for clients
- Consult and advise on issues relating to client curriculum, confidentiality, and service quality for Empower Yolo clients.
- Provide case management and consultation, as needed, to Empower Yolo staff delivering direct services to clients.
- Provide recommendations on personnel issues as related to staff requiring support to maintain or improve direct client services.
- Provide on-site services at business center, safehouse, and other community locations, as required.
- Therapeutic intake and assessment of clients.
- Individual, family, and group therapy utilizing appropriate interventions.
- Provide client-centered advocacy as needed.
- Participate in treatment team approach with therapy and shelter staff coordinating treatment delivery to resident clients.
- Maintain detailed client files, progress notes, and treatment plans documenting therapeutic process.