AmeriCorps Project Health Access Member (Full-time)
Title: AmeriCorps Project Health Access Member (Full-time)
Department: Community Engagement
Living Allowance: $14,959/$598 bi-weekly
Benefits: Health Insurance, Childcare reimbursement and Education Award of $6,095 upon successful completion of AmeriCorps term (1700 hours completed)
Term of Service: All members must complete 1700 hours of service. Looking to fill 7 vacant positions at partner sites. Service term will begin with weeklong training and orientation September 16, 2019 to September 20, 2019 and end after 11-month service commitment on August 28, 2020.
Service Schedule: 37-40 hours/week
Reports to: AmeriCorps Members report to United Way Program Coordinator and Site Supervisor
Posting Deadline: October 15, 2019
United Way of Greater Atlanta seeks to engage 7 members to serve in the AmeriCorps program, Project Health Access. Members will be placed in health clinics and non-profit sites across Dekalb, Fulton, and Clayton counties where they will serve to increase access to healthcare by addressing the social determinants of health for uninsured and underinsured community residents.
Members will be recruited to serve in a health clinic and/or homeless service organization, where they may serve in one of the following areas:
- Health Education & Outreach: AmeriCorps Members will assist in the implementation and coordination of targeted health education classes, events and outreach that focus on preventive health measures and disease management.
- Care Coordination: AmeriCorps members will provide intensive follow up and care coordination to health clinics. This will assist clinics in tracking patient health outcomes and providing a medical home for their patients.
- Benefit Enrollment: AmeriCorps members will assist homeless individuals in applying for benefits; coordinate care for homeless individuals that apply and/or are enrolled in health benefits and measure the impact of sustained care on the health and housing status of homeless individuals.
Candidates are required to undergo AmeriCorps regulated background checks. Candidates are also required to serve the entire 11-month service term (September 2019- August 2020).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have some college experience
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must have a strong interest in service and volunteerism
- Must have a strong interest in health; public health, social work, or related health field
- Must have at least 2 years of relevant work/volunteer/internship experience
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have an ability to work and interact with diverse populations
- Recent college graduate
- Familiarity with Georgia geography
- Background in health, social service and/or non-profit based organization
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Willingness to initiate and follow-through on projects and assigned tasks
- Experience working with low-income and marginalized populations