- Position Type
- Part Time
Action Ministries, Inc.
Position Title: Our Daily Bread Community Kitchen Coordinator- Part-Time Position $14/p/h
Program Locations Defined: Athens
Reports to:n VP of Programs
Position Mission: The Kitchen Manager oversees day-to-day operations of the Our Daily Bread Community Kitchen, implementing directives of the VP of Programs, engaging volunteer groups and working collaboratively with the host congregation. This position also coordinates local volunteers, service vendors, community services workers, and client partners in all services offered in through the Our Daily Bread Community Kitchen in order to carry out the mission of the organization.
Evaluator: VP of Programs
Action Ministries Mission: Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee daily preparation, distribution, daily count, and clean-up of meals, Monday- Friday.
- Purchase food and manage ODB inventory, accurately and according to host church guidelines.
- Manage kitchen and dining facilities in order to provide high quality service, while remaining in good standing with Health Department, FBNEGA, and any other related partners.
- Foster strong relationship between Action Ministries Athens and First Baptist Church.
- Oversee volunteer groups in the preparation and distribution of meals.
- Act in the best interest of guests, regarding the types of food prepared, and with consideration for their health and well-being.
- Responding to guest needs directly when they fall within the spectrum of ODB services.
- Recruiting guests for other programs of AMI in Athens, including but not limited to GED, Money Management, VITA, etc.
- Regularly compiling and updating contact information from ODB volunteers, sharing this information with VP.
- Completing reports in a timely manner, including but not limited to Food Bank reports, monthly outputs for AMI, Community Service Worker hours, etc.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of breakfast, lunch, and sack meals on an as-needed basis.
- Communicating and applying all Action Ministries policies regarding Our Daily Bread, volunteer interactions, and the like, including completion of incident reporting and responding to emergency situations as directed.
- Manage community service workers in compliance with the laws that govern this court-ordered program.
- Collaborate with interns on-site to provide student learning opportunities and also improve the opportunities to increase the quality, innovation, and impact of our community kitchen.
- Foster and manage a warm, positive, safe environment for all guests, staff, volunteers, service vendors, ministry team staff, church members, and community service workers.
- Implement and sustain (and document as necessary) the directives of the VP of Programs through ODB.
- Responding promptly to VP of Programs, community stakeholders, and volunteers via appropriate communication channels (e.g. email, phone call).
- Respect communication channels between ODB and the host church, relying upon the VP to convey needs, questions or concerns to the ministry team or Minister of Missions at the host church.
- Oversee the distribution of goods and services by service vendors.
- Repopulating the ODB calendar on an annual basis, adapting to any changes to ensure uninterrupted services.
- Solving problems with VP of Programs that interfere with central Our Daily Bread services
- Foster strong relationships with community partners, opinion leaders, funders, donors, and community decision makers
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications:
- Experience with operating and leading a high volume food pantry/food warehouse/food packaging facility/community kitchen is required.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and volunteers.
- Demonstrated leadership and coalition-building ability.
- Evidence of success accomplishing goals in ever changing environments.
- Proven skills to de-escalate tenuous situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, adaptable to communication with diverse stakeholders, team members, client partners, guests, donors, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently with technology, including databases, Microsoft Office Suite, and web-based advocacy tools
- Associate Degree or Training in Human Services field
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.