- Experience Level
Blue Heron Nature Preserve seeks a Development Manager to lead and manage the organization’s fundraising efforts. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, conservation organization whose vision is to create an appreciation for nature through hands-on, outdoor experiences which foster an understanding of our role in preserving the natural environment. Your efforts will directly impact our capacity to deliver on this vision.
The ideal candidate will understand and embrace the Preserve’s mission to “create a personal experience with nature through conservation, education, research and advocacy.” The Development Manager will report to Blue Heron Nature Preserve’s Executive Director. This is a part-time 20-25 hour/week position. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave with a flexible schedule.
- Must embrace the mission of BLUE HERON NATURE PRESERVE
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques: planning, annual campaign, capital campaigns, major gifts
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Be a “self-starter.”
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Create a viable plan of action for integrating 2019 annual fund and membership renewal
- Direct creation of integrated database for annual fund campaign and capital campaign using all resources, including internally provided, partners, neighborhoods, etc.
- Create a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Coordinate with communication team our public relations efforts, including celebratory/measuring signage, news releases, interviews, outreach to community/neighborhood, civic and government meetings.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Coordinate all fundraising efforts and work closely with appropriate staff, Board members and partners.
- Develop fundraising calendar and method of timely communication to all stakeholders
- Coordinate public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about BHNP with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings and Capital Campaign meetings.
- Maintain fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Develop and activate a structured gift recognition program.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience