- Experience Level
We Love BuHi is an innovative 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission to create connection and belonging within Buford Highway's multicultural community through storytelling and design. We Love BuHi envisions a socially and culturally inclusive, economically just, and environmentally sustainable community that is interwoven with its immigrant stories.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the next phase of growth for a young nonprofit organization working to build community and achieve social change in one of the metro Atlanta region’s most unique and culturally diverse communities.
We are looking for a dynamic, talented, and organized leader who is committed to strengthening our organization and increasing the impact of our work by executing and managing our day-to-day operations and programs.
The Executive Director will work closely with the Board of Directors to develop and implement the organization’s mission, vision, and goals, as well as the fundraising and resource development and communications and marketing plans.
The Executive Director will develop and manage the annual budget and financial information. The ideal candidate will have deep personal connections to Atlanta’s immigrant, refugee, and/or civil rights community and possess Spanish and/or Asian language capacity as well as significant experience managing people and programs, as well as possession strong writing and storytelling skills. The ideal candidate is also familiar with social media including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Program Development and Administration
- Design and plan programs and special events that further We Love BuHi’s mission and achieve organizational objectives.
- Provide leadership, management, communications support, and administrative oversight and support for key programmatic work.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors to raise programmatic support and steward donor relationships through superior proposals, reports, and in-person cultivation.
- Develop annual program budgets and oversee execution of program grants management.
- Facilitate assessment of organizational goals, programmatic impact, and metrics.
- Work with the Treasurer to track all expenditures and revenues.
- Prepare and submit monthly revenue and donor reports.
- Send quarterly acknowledgement/thank you letters on behalf of We Love BuHi.
- Hire and supervise full-time, part-time, and contract personnel, e.g., project consultants, project managers, event coordinators, graphic designers, etc.
- Assemble, coordinate, and supervise strong teams of interns and volunteers.
Marketing and Communications
- Lead all marketing and communications campaigns, including press releases and monthly newsletters.
- Sustain and grow awareness of the organization through public speaking appearances, participation on panels, writing op-eds, etc.
- Manage and expand the digital presence of We Love BuHi across existing platforms with regular content creation and curation.
- Develop and implement digital content strategy and social media calendar.
- Update organizational brand brief and media kit and ensure that all social media, website, and digital content aligns with We Love BuHi brand.
- Ensure that electronic newsletters are sent on a regular basis.
- Respond in a timely fashion to all inquiries from various communications channels, including media.
Development and Fundraising
- Plan and implement all fundraising initiatives, including management of grants, securing event and program sponsors, writing grants, supporting the organization in meeting its financial goals, and innovating fundraising ideas.
- Identify new revenue streams for We Love BuHi and develop strategies for engagement.
- Design marketing and informational materials about We Love BuHi to highlight our accomplishments, prepare letters of interest to donor prospects, and develop compelling foundation and government proposals with a consistent voice.
- Create and sustain a major gifts program, including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Create and sustain an annual membership program building on existing audiences.
- Build upon and foster our existing volunteer program
- Ensure timely reporting to foundations and funders.
- Identify, foster, and manage relationships and maintain regular external communications with key stakeholders, programmatic partners, government officials, funders, business owners, sponsors, individual donors, and the press, including scheduling and conducting regular meetings.
- Hold 5-10 meetings weekly
- Represent the organization in the Buford Highway community.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience, or a combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Experience working with a non-profit organization
- Experience coordinating volunteers and executing community events
- Spanish or Asian language speaking, reading, and writing ability
- Extensive experience working with Atlanta’s immigrant, refugee, or civil rights community
- Experience partnering with city officials
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organized, motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented problem-solver
- Excellent communicator and listener with clear, strong writing skills
- Enthusiastic, personable, and positive ambassador
- Excellent fundraising skills
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management
- Knowledge of grant-writing and reporting
- Experience in marketing, sales, and promotion
- Ability to plan and successfully implement large and complex events
- Familiar with social media platforms, best practices, and analytics to reach a diverse group of stakeholders
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Dropbox, and Google Docs
- Comfortable with email and online tools, such as MailChimp and Squarespace
- Must be available some nights and weekends
- Less than 10% overnight travel
- Have mode of transportation
- Committed to We Love BuHi’s mission