- Experience Level
OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for managing the operations of the church, including general office administration and property management.
- This is a 30 hour a week position, M-F, hours TBD but generally 9:30- 3:30. Office Manager is expected to attend monthly Parish Council meetings after Sunday worship and annual retreat day for staff and Parish Council
REPORTING TO: Senior Minister
DIRECT REPORTS: Building Manager/Custodian
- Supervise maintenance and janitorial employee;
- Maintain relationships with vendors and seek new contracts as needed;
- Respond to property issues with Building Manager;
- Advertise and respond to inquiries about space for long-term lease;
- Respond to tenants’ questions, issues, requests to use additional space, etc.
- Oversee lease agreements and rent collection from tenants and identify new tenants as needed;
- Design and oversee leases with those who rent space in our building; receive rent checks;
- Respond to inquiries for other building space uses;
General Church Administration
- Welcome and assist vendors, tenants and visitors;
- Bookkeeping/financial procedures as assigned by Treasurer;
- Perform background checks, review job applications and references, and provide orientation and training as required for new hires;
- Maintain church google calendar(s); paying attention to weddings and non-church events;
- Maintain and update church website;
- Support special events at VHC in collaboration with other staff and volunteers.
- Maintain all office supplies;
- Enter attendance (currently performed by a volunteer) and offering data into Breeze database; update database as needed.
- Answer church landline and respond to voice mail messages;
- Attend weekly staff meeting (currently Tuesdays at 1:00)
- Admin support for senior minister as needed;
- Ensure church is compliant with all relevant local, state and federal laws & regulations.
- Create and publish Friday e-mail via Constant Contact and other forms of digital outreach;
- Process mailings and other all church announcements:
- Other duties as assigned to support and enhance the administrative health of VHC.
- Organize Powerpoint (or Prezi) presentations with input from worship team (this duty could be shared with Pastor for Justice and Witness);
- Punctual, positive, personable and friendly;
- Comfort working in an inclusive, diverse, LGBTQ affirming culture;
- Highly organized and task oriented, someone who just loves making a to-do list and crossing things off when completed!
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to see a project through from initiation to evaluation;
- Problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Skills in accounting and bookkeeping;
- Discreet, confidential, and professional in manner;
- Strong organizational and execution skills; able to manage changing priorities efficiently and seamlessly;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Google docs, Powerpoint, Prezi, Canva, Database, Wordpress (website)
- Office management and nonprofit administration, faith community preferred;
- Facility management, including negotiating contracts and managing vendors
- Volunteer management;
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. COVER LETTER MUST INCLUDE: 1) short summary of applicant's background, experience and strengths; 2) why you are applying for this position and what makes you a GREAT fit; and 3) what appeals to you about Virginia-Highland Church. We look forward to fearing from you!
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Facilities / Equipment Religion / Faith-based $30,000 - $39,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta