Medical Clinic Manager
- Experience Level
If interested, please apply through our candidate portal:
The Medical Clinic Manager (MCM) will provide administrative oversight and support for the Medical Department. The MCM will manage daily operations; ensuring efficiency, efficacy, proper support and coverage for all positions in the department. The Manager will supervise the department’s support roles. The Native American Health Center is an accredited institution and adheres to the standards of excellence set forth by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) and the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the operations of the medical clinic, and direct the provision of patient services to include ensuring optimal patient flow, flow of communication and the provision of high quality services.
2. Under the guidance of the site and clinical leadership, and in collaboration with stakeholders, develop and update Medical department policies, procedures and protocols as needed.
3. Manage provider schedules to ensure adequate staffing on the floor. This includes coordinating provider Paid Time Off (PTO) requests and approvals.
4. Open and manage provider schedule templates to ensure access to care for members, and accurate scheduling for schedulers.
5. Work collaboratively to respond to scheduling changes (e.g., provider PTO, double booking, walk-ins) to ensure capacity is maximized.
6. Develop weekly schedule for departmental staff and ensure coverage for scheduled time off.
7.Liaise and work collaboratively with Billing Department to resolve Medical billing issues. 8. Ensure Medical Assistants receive training on standing orders; participate in annual required trainings, and other trainings needed based on work performance.
9. Monitor patient service feedback and resolve member complaints.
10.Coordinate Quest Labs staffing and operational needs.
11.Oversee the process for release of members’ clinical records - including the security, maintenance, and release of information.
12.Manage and complete various reports (i.e., Immunization reporting, Referral Weekly Reports, etc.)
13.Process Medical Records and Referral requests as needed; act as back up to staff to ensure processes and productivity standards are maintained.
14.Oversee and ensure continuous provider and support staff training on medical records and referrals processes. This includes at the time of on-boarding and periodic refresher trainings.
15.Liaise between medical and other internal departments to ensure cooperation and collaboration; solve flow issues and optimize processes. Compliance and Quality Assurance Duties & Responsibilities
16.In coordination with agency Compliance staff, obtain and maintain Children’s Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP), Vaccines for Children (VFC) program certifications. 17.Coordinate departmental audits, ensuring audit readiness.
18.Perform quality assurance checks on health records and referral information to ensure that records are audit ready (i.e., by VFC, CHDP, Anthem Blue Cross, Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care [AAAHC], Patient Centered Medical Home [PCMH], etc.)
19.Ensure all logs, forms, records, and charts are complete, thorough and accurate. 20.Document freezer and refrigerator temperatures and take appropriate action to maintain correct temperatures.
21.Coordinate regular site visits for Pharmacy Consultant. Administratively support implementing recommendations and corrective actions, as necessary. Inventory, Equipment and Supply Management
22.Manage medical equipment and ensure equipment is in working order, and or is being fixed or replaced.
23.Manage inventory and supplies, ensure adequate supplies are on-site and deliveries managed.
24.Maintain and order clinic supplies, including immunizations under VFC program. Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities
25.Develop strong teamwork to meet department and patient needs. Lead staff to accomplish all job objectives; inspire confidence and motivation; clearly define and communicate expectations, and maintains personal effectiveness under pressure. 26.Resolve staffing issues and facilitate conflict resolution for staff under direct supervision. Hire, discipline, evaluate and terminate staff in coordination with the Human Resources department.
27.Foster a team environment to effectively lead and retain your staff. Provide opportunities for staff to grow and develop new skills.
28.Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
29.Collaborate and cooperate with other supervisors to ensure workflow processes and operations of the department are functioning optimally daily and that the department remains in regulatory compliance at all times.
GENERAL DUTIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES
30.Maintain pleasant, safe and professional working and treatment environment in the clinic. Mitigate and/or resolve any potential risks, hazards, and nuisances.
31.Represent the department at internal and external meetings; bring back relevant and important information to the department and act on and disseminate information in a timely manner.
32.Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with
33.Food Handling: Takes active part in the preparation of various meals. Prepares and cooks complete meals, snacks, etc. with safe food handling and preparation, safety, and health standards.
34.Member Care: Demonstrate understanding and apply working knowledge of safety policies and ensuring safe member practices.
35.Quality Improvement: Actively participate in internal quality improvement teams and work with members proactively to drive quality improvement initiatives in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards, when assigned.
36.Resolve staffing issues and facilitate conflict resolution for staff under direct supervision. Hire, discipline, evaluate and terminate staff in coordination with the Human Resources department.
37.Foster a team environment to effectively lead and retain your staff. Provide opportunities for staff to grow and develop new skills.
38.Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
39.Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
40.Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
41.HIPAA: Keep all protected health information (PHI) confidential and abide by HIPAA guidelines for the release and disclosure of any PHI. Will report unauthorized use of disclosure of PHI immediately, to Site Director and HIPAA security officer.
42.HIPAA: Ensure the protection of all PHI and compliance of HIPAA guidelines amongst staff under your supervision. Take appropriate steps to address HIPAA concerns with staff as necessary.
43.Works extremely well under pressure, meet multiple and often competing deadlines. 44.At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
45.Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a health science, public health or management science and three years of supervisory experience.
2. One year of experience in a medical records or referral setting or as a Medical Assistant. 3. Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner; and have the ability to work under pressure.
4. Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
5. Managerial experience and expertise with strong leadership, planning, organizing, delegating and supervisory skills.
6. Ability to organize, prioritize and efficiently carry out duties and assignments with little direct supervision.
7. Ability to interact effectively and in a professional, supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds; and maintain effective working relationships with staff, patients, public and external agencies.
8. Vaccination Level 2: Must be able to provide TB, Physical, season flu and proof of Vaccination immunity for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella & TDAP prior to start date. If vaccination records are more than 10 years old, titers are required to confirm immunity.
9. BLS/CPR certification must be obtained prior to start date and kept current at all times. 10.Be able to easily bend, lift, push, and pull up to 15 lbs.; and sit for long periods.
1. Five years of supervisory experience.
2. Three years of work experience in a medical records or referral setting or as a Medical Assistant.
3. In addition to the minimum qualifications, previous clinical work experience (e.g., Medical Assistant, Medical Records Clerk, etc.)
4. Expertise in medical terminology is essential.
5. Bilingual in Spanish.
6. Previous experience in community healthcare setting.
7. Experience with Epic Health Record System