C-14-19 Community Events Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Community Events Coordinator will assist with the planning, management and execution of community events for fundraising, cultivation, and marketing on behalf of Georgia Public Broadcasting.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Three years of progressive responsibility in events management and facilitation and/or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and organizational proficiency is required.
• Excellent organizational planning and proven ability to meet deadlines; Methodical and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Office 365
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse staff, volunteers and other stakeholders.
• Knowledge of customer service principles a must.
• Must be flexible to work nights/weekends; Periodic travel (in-state) will be required
• A basic understanding of Georgia Public Broadcasting and the mission of public media preferred.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Plan and execute statewide community events for fundraising, cultivation, and marketing events at GPB including multiple large-scale family events annually
• Serve as support in statewide event strategy and planning, administration and budgeting
• Oversee event coordination, logistics planning
• Work with marketing/graphics/creative services to develop communication plan in support of events
• Reviews donor/prospect lists, and makes determinations concerning appropriate invitations or contacts.
• Tracks and reports budget activities for all events; monitors and maintains expenses within budget.
• Prepare event management and post-event impact reports
• Serves as a liaison between appropriate GPB departments and community organizations involved with GPB events.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and child care spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references, and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled.
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.