Program Associate- Friends of the Park
- Experience Level
Volunteer Program Associate – July 2019
Park Pride is an Atlanta-based nonprofit founded in 1989. Our mission is to engage communities to activate the power of parks. We value the wisdom of local experience. Community is at the center of the work we do. Most of our programs and services focus on fostering engagement at the local level to support local neighborhood parks within the cities of Atlanta, Tucker and Brookhaven as well as DeKalb County.
Park Pride is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion for community engagement and project management. The Volunteer Program Associate is part of Park Pride’s Community Building team and will work to support the efforts of Park Pride’s Volunteer Program. This position will report to Park Pride’s Volunteer Program Manager.
The primary focus of this position is administering Park Pride’s joint programming with the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership (ABP) which includes the Adopt-the-Atlanta BeltLine program as well as corporate and community group volunteer workdays on the BeltLine trail and in BeltLine adjacent parks. Additional responsibilities include providing support to the Volunteer Program Manager and Friends of the Park groups throughout Park Pride’s service area.
This position is full time and operates on a Tuesday - Saturday schedule, including working one day per week at the Atlanta BeltLine Center. Saturday availability is required. This arrangement is semi-flexible for Saturdays without planned events. This is a very physical position that will require extensive field work. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Administration of the Adopt-the-Atlanta-BeltLine program:
- Orient and on-board new groups and manage existing groups;
- Monitor and record partner activity and volunteer hours;
- Respond to requests from ABP and other partners
Administration of non-adopter corporate and community volunteer workdays on the BeltLine:
- Schedule, scope and lead projects;
- Coordinate with volunteer groups;
- Manage materials budgets, secure tools, materials, and services;
- Communicate and coordinate with City of Atlanta Parks, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI), Trees Atlanta, Friends of the Park groups and other neighborhood stakeholders.
Serving as Park Pride’s point person for Atlanta Beltline related programming:
- Stay informed of Beltline trail and park developments, share information with BeltLine Adopter groups, Park Pride staff, and Friends of the Park groups as appropriate;
- Coordinate with ABP and Volunteer Program Manager to support BeltLine programming;
- Integrate Adopter and volunteer efforts in shared initiatives between Park Pride and BeltLine partner organizations;
- Track, document and report program metrics and outcomes to ABP and Park Pride.
Support of Park Pride’s Volunteer Program:
- Assist Park Pride’s Volunteer Program Manager with planning and executing volunteer workdays;
- Coordinate tool lending to Friends of the Park groups;
- Attend and support Friends of the Park community workdays.
Support of strategic Community Building team activities, Park Pride events, and other organizational initiatives.
- High energy and passion for Park Pride’s mission and community engagement
- Working knowledge of the Atlanta BeltLine and its broader vision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with volunteers and diverse communities
- Comfortable working outdoors in a range of conditions as well as loading/unloading and moving tools and materials.
- Experience in public speaking, community engagement, and project management
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members
- Ability to multitask and maintain a flexible schedule
- Experience with customer service
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and clean driving history to drive Park Pride vehicles
- Be able to pass background check
- Be able to lift 50 pounds from the ground
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please put “Volunteer Program Associate” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls or in person visits please. After the application deadline, you will receive communication about next steps in the process.
Park Pride is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about Park Pride visit www.parkpride.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Recreation / Sports $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Advocacy / Lobbying Recreation / Sports $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Conservation Recreation / Sports $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Program / Project Management Recreation / Sports $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Volunteer Services Recreation / Sports $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker