Community Program Coordinator
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Community Engagement Department is charged with ensuring that the Foundation is continually identifying, listening and responding to the needs of the Parkinson’s community as collaborators and partners. The role of the Community Program Coordinator is to assist with the development and delivery of community-based education programs in California and surrounding areas as defined by the Foundation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Community Program Manager and development staff to build partnerships and mutually support outreach, development and education efforts.
- Assist with the development and implementation of community-based education and empowerment programs for the defined geographical area including but not limited to: nationally developed programs, patient education events, wellness/exercise programs, community presentations and community outreach.
- Support the implementation of strategies to gather feedback from the community to ensure programs are valuable and to increase community engagement.
- Assist the Community Program Manager with identifying community partners and opportunities for collaboration, help to build and foster relationships to educate the public on Foundation activities and resources and promote community grants.
- Work with Community Program Manager on completing site visits for community grants recipients.
- Manage and respond to phone and email inquiries received from the California website, (Parkinson.org/california). Assist with the maintenance of accurate website content for the state of California. Work with development staff and Community Program Manager to coordinate Facebook and other social media postings.
- Collaborate with Community Program Manager to set up events and registration pages within Luminate and to assist with promotion activities for national education events which may include e-blasts, phone calls, mailings, local media, etc.
- Assist with logistics planning for events and activities in northern California and surrounding areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Previous non-profit experience, including experience in successful community outreach, volunteer management and education program coordination.
- Self-motivated, positive, outgoing, and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Organized, timeline driven and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation and oral/written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong social media skills and a proficiency in Raiser’s Edge helpful.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required. Local travel as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Community Program Coordinator CA” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.