PD Intake and Assessment Specialist
Parkinson’s Foundation is a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit that is working toward a world without Parkinson's disease. The Parkinson’s Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson’s community.
ABOUT THE HELPLINE:
The Parkinson's Foundation Helpline 1.800.4PD.INFO (1-800-473-4636) is the trusted source for people with Parkinson’s, family members, caregivers as well as healthcare professionals for answers to all their questions. Callers may be at any point in their disease progression when they contact us seeking help with:
- Current disease information
- Medical issues including symptoms and treatments
- Health and social care
- Emotional support
- Referrals to health professionals and community resources for local support
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all aspects of the Helpline caller’s experience meet a high standard for accuracy, accessibility, quality, and professionalism that reflect well on the Foundation.
- Triage incoming calls routed through the Foundation’s nationwide telephone network and connect to appropriate staff member, volunteer, department or local office.
- Organize incoming email correspondence from the general mailboxes: Identify, prioritize and direct specific email requests to appropriate Foundation department or staff member.
- Answer basic requests for information about Parkinson’s disease, e.g. requests for materials, that do not require speaking with a PD Information Specialist.
- Enter complete and thorough records in the contact relationship management system (CRM) and other Foundation databases ensuring accurate coding is utilized for reporting and information purposes.
- Manage incoming calls from people affected by Parkinson’s, and provide assistance in registering for Foundation sponsored programs.
- Develop supportive relationships and team building by communicating effectively with Parkinson’s Foundation staff, the network of Centers of Excellence (COE), Chapters, and support groups; when requesting additional community resources or clarification of program information.
- Conduct accurate searches in Foundation databases to enter new constituents and ensure up to date information is documented for current constituents. Enter basic donations such as tribute and memorial gifts.
- Assist in literature inventory management and daily mail posting.
- Provide administrative and project support functions as needed for daily operations of the Helpline and other duties as needed.
- Associate degree or two years of college coursework. Prefer experience in a high-volume call center.
- A minimum of two years of customer service experience in a health care or human services environment.
- Ability to quickly acquire a basic understanding of Parkinson’s disease, and demonstrate experience working with people with disabilities or a chronic condition.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite; experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce and cloud-based communication systems is highly desired.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and safeguard personal information received from callers, exercising maximum discretion and respect for constituent’s privacy.
- Must possess excellent verbal as well as written communication and active listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal fluency in English required, Spanish language proficiency a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “PD Intake and Assessment Specialist” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.