Director of Development
3 days left
- Experience Level
Director of Development
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing EvanTell’s fundraising efforts to acquire the resources necessary to fulfill our mission. The Director of Development reports to the President and must have a passion for evangelism and fundraising.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and manage the overall development efforts of EvanTell to meet established goals and objectives, which includes developing and implementing EvanTell’s multi-year fundraising plan.
- Identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors to expand their financial support of EvanTell’s mission and ministry.
- Oversee all fundraising events and development communications by working closely with the Director of Digital Communication.
- Supervise gift processing and acknowledgment, the donor database, and relevant financial reporting, including the information systems related to each.
- Build and extend individual donor fundraising campaigns in terms of increasing average gift per individual, number, and frequency as well as moving individuals along EvanTell’s donor acquisition and cultivation processes.
- Lead and equip board members, senior management, volunteers, staff, and other “champions” of EvanTell to identify and cultivate donors, and solicit gifts.
- Assist in implementing communication plans to enhance visibility and increase participation.
- Identify and pursue potential development opportunities through foundations and grants.
- Create and improve development strategies that correlate with EvanTell’s ministry initiatives and methods of communication.
- Keep informed of trends in philanthropy and fund development.
- Recruit, train, and support key volunteers and “champions” to assist in advancement efforts.
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization. Report on the progress of the development plan and accompanying programs and processes to senior management, the development committee, and the Board.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Relational - Strong interpersonal and networking skills, including strategic thinking and operating ability to devise strategies that will lead EvanTell into relationships with previously untapped networks.
- Administrative - Proven ability in planning, organizing, and managing with minimal supervision.
- Communication - Possess outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Christ-centered stewardship, philanthropy, and development.
- Traditional and emerging fundraising strategies.
- Social Media and Digital Communication Platforms.
- Microsoft Office Tools.
- Make new acquaintances and develop relationships.
- Excite people about EvanTell's purpose and goals.
- Put people at ease and make them feel welcome and appreciated.
- Ask individuals and groups to support the ministry through financial contributions.
- Adjust easily to interruptions.
- Adhere and champion EvanTell’s core values.
- Interact with people with tact and respect.
- Receive and respond well to criticism.
- Handle confidential matters.
Education and Experience
Position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business administration, or related field. Significant experience in nonprofit fundraising and development management, sales/marketing management, or related field. Extensive experience with a donor or sales CRM is required.