Director Of Finance
- Experience Level
The Fox Theatre in Atlanta is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Director of Finance.
Candidates for this position should have at least seven (7) years of experience in a comparable position. Candidates must have an Accounting Degree and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or be able to demonstrate active progress towards obtaining CPA certification.
As a key member of the financial team, the Director of Finance reports to the CFO and assumes a lead role in managing the Fox Theatre Accounting Department, in maintaining the integrity of financial data, and in maintaining internal financial controls. The incumbent in this position will act as liaison with our financial auditors and aid in process improvements. The Director of Finance has primary day-to-day responsibility for producing regular financial reports (including aiding the CFO in producing monthly financials for Senior Management and the Fox Theatre Board of Directors) and overseeing the account reconciliation and accounting processes. This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position.
- Under supervision of the CFO, manage the Accounting Department -- Manage the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Department. This includes helping staff grow and making the most efficient use of staff's time and other resources available to them.
- Produce periodic regularly-scheduled financial reports to Fox Theatre Senior Management -- This includes weekly budget-to-actual departmental reports, capital expenditure reports, as well as special reports. This also includes aiding the CFO in producing the monthly financial statements for Senior Management and the Fox Theatre Board of Directors.
- Coordinate the monthly financial close -- The incumbent in this position is the "keeper of the giant checklist" involved with this close. This person is directly responsible for all account reconciliations and is hands on in completing these, with aid of staff, each month, ensuring compliance with GAAP standards.
- Oversee the accounts payable process -- Checks are produced weekly. The Director of Finance oversees this task. In addition, we will soon begin transition to a new accounts payable system.
- Assist in process monitoring and improvement -- This includes maintenance and improvement of internal controls.
- Oversee show settlements -- This includes primary responsibility for Broadway show settlements.
- Manage and track depreciable assets in keeping with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Other duties as directed
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Must have an Accounting Degree and must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or be able to demonstrate active progress towards obtaining CPA certification.
- Should have at least seven (7) years of experience in a comparable position.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of GAAP standards.
- Must be able to manage staff of employees.
- Must have skills in Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have a passion for data integrity.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to remain stationary for long periods of time
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Full-Time Benefits Package Includes:
- Eligibility to participate in Group Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance Plans.
- Employer Provided Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Group Term Life, and AD&D Insurance.
- Eligibility to participate in Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Eligibility to participate in 403(b) Retirement Plan, including Employer Match Program.
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick, and Holidays