Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator
- Experience Level
Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator
The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) seeks a highly-organized, reliable and resourceful individual with experience in human resources and office administration who is motivated to use his/her skills and talents to advance our mission to save the world’s coral reefs. Over the last several years, CORAL has grown operationally and has increased our staffing numbers, our operating budget and our organizational complexity. This position will perform a broad range of HR and Administrative support in support of our global operations, culture and growth as we scale our organization. This position is responsible for providing broad Human Resources administrative and office management support and interacting and problem solving with staff located in several locations.
The Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the Finance and Administration Director and is a full-time (40 hours/week), exempt position located in Oakland, California.
- In partnership with the Director of Finance and Administration, manage, refine, and develop CORAL’s human resources policies, initiatives and support systems;
- Facilitate new hire process, administer benefits, and coordinate the administration of HR processes;
- Maintain a smoothly functional office environment, including inventory and ordering of office supplies and receiving and delivering incoming/outgoing mail and keeping the office communal areas neat and tidy;
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment and assist staff with general IT needs with the help of external IT support, if necessary;
- Work closely with hiring managers to provide guidance and assistance on HR matters including hiring, onboarding, training, and performance evaluation;
- Maintain all employee records, enrollment, documentation, and the day to day activities related to benefits, 401k, leaves, and employee lifecycle transitions;
- Prepare and maintain the employee handbook and policy and procedure documents;
- Support the planning and coordination of organization-wide meetings and events, such as staff meetings, new hire welcome lunches, staff celebrations, organization-wide retreats, etc.;
- Coordinate company and employee compliance with HR and health and safety regulations;
- Assist with integrating core values into the organization;
- Support internal administrative staff procedures, maintain organization charts, email distributions lists and the employee directory;
- Keep apprised and updated on new regulations, company policies & procedures;
- Seek and implement new ways to improve existing organizational structures and processes; and
- Other duties as required.
Professional experience and qualifications
- Passion for the mission of the Coral Reef Alliance;
- 3-5 years of work experience including office management or administration and human resources and administration;
- Working knowledge of Human Resources best practices, policies, procedures and federal and state laws;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and ability to complete tasks independently and efficiently within a team;
- Dedicated team player with a customer-service approach, friendliness and ability to build relationships;
- Ability to hold self and other accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results;
- Strong project management skills: planning and organizational skills to guide, develop, and document systems and processes;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Proven ability to handle confidential data and information; and
- Capacity to legally work in the USA.
About the Organization
The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) is a non-profit, environmental NGO focused on saving the world’s coral reefs. This year marks CORAL’s 25th anniversary of combining science-based solutions with effective community-driven conservation. CORAL is actively expanding the scientific understanding of how corals adapt to climate change and using that information to develop conservation strategies to give corals around the world the best chance of surviving climate change. To discover more about CORAL’s work to save the world’s reefs, visit us at www.coral.org.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Full-time employees receive benefits that include medical, dental, vision and disability insurance, 401K match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply via email by sending a letter outlining qualifications, salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com. Please include Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator in the subject line.
The Coral Reef Alliance is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, or national origin.