Member Services Assistant
- Experience Level
Member Services Assistant
San José State University Alumni Association
The Member Services Assistant is responsible for overseeing Alumni Association membership program and the daily financial operations of the organization. Membership is a key function of the Alumni Association and this position plays a critical role in the program’s success. Additionally, the Member Services Assistant oversees many business operations of the Alumni Association and serves as a main point of contact for SJSU alumni. The position is an important member of the Alumni Association team and is expected to support the
organization’s activities, which may involve working evenings and/or weekends.
The Membership Services Assistant will serve as a primary point of contact for SJSU alumni. This position should be well versed in all Alumni Association activities and be prepared to:
● Articulate the importance of membership and encourage people to join by being a public ambassador for the Alumni Association.
● Handle membership inquiries by phone, e-mail,mail and in person drop-ins.
● Support Alumni Association membership activities at both on and off campus events.
● Provide coverage for Alumni Association phones and e-mail.
● Process Alumni Association memberships and gift transactions.
● Manage member fulfilment and gift acknowledgements.
● Track and update membership renewals, pledge notices and invoices.
● Oversee inventory of membership supplies (including reordering)
● Keep member benefit materials current and seek new membership benefits.
● In conjunction with the Spartan Bookstore, coordinate twice yearly Grad Fest event.
General Alumni Association responsibilities
As a member of the Alumni Association staff, this position is expected to support all types of activity, such as events and business operations, including:
● Work with accounting firm to reconcile transactions, prepare finance reports and manage work study payroll.
● Prepare deposits.
● Receive and pay invoices.
● Be a resource to Chapters and Networks regarding Alumni Association procedures and business practices.
● Support the Alumni Association Finance Committee.
● Be available to provide staff support at events.
● Other duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Typical business office environment, computer equipment, office equipment and tasks, including light lifting. Some travel across campus to other offices and buildings. Requires some travel off campus. Also requires some evening and weekend time commitments.
The SJSU Alumni Association, in conjunction with the Alumni and Community Engagement team at San Jose State University, is committed to building and maintaining a workplace that is respectful and professional toward all employees, volunteers and other constituents served. Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates professionalism and respect for others at all times.
SJSU Alumni Association employment is separate and distinct from San Jose State University or State of California employment. The San Jose State University Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender status, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, or covered veteran’s status, consistent with all applicable federal and state laws. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self disclose. The SJSU Alumni Association is not a visa sponsoring organization.
Final candidates will be required to complete a background check. The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification.
● Two to four years relevant experience in a bookkeeping, member services or related environment.
● Bachelor’s degree or additional business experience counted for up to four years of experience.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Confident in composing reports and drafting communications to constituents.
● Familiarity in QuickBooks or similar accounting software and basic bookkeeping principles.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite products including mail merge utilities and e-mail.
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Detail-oriented and deadline driven.
● Exceptional customer service skills.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Customer Service / Retail Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose