Paralegal / Legal Administrator
- Degree Level
We are looking for a paralegal or legal administrator experienced in complex real estate transactions. Why not utilize your exceptional experience in a job that helps preserve our beautiful landscapes?
For over 100 years, Save the Redwoods League has been dedicated to protecting the ancient redwood forests so future generations can experience the inspiration and majesty of redwoods. Since its founding in 1918, Save the Redwoods League has protected more than 200,000 acres of forests and helped create 66 redwood parks and preserves for everybody to enjoy. To learn more about us, go to www.SaveTheRedwoods.org.
The Paralegal/Legal Administrator supports the General Counsel in the wide range of the General Counsel’s responsibilities, including developing and processing all League contracts and transactions including land transactions, land stewardship and land management and other departmental needs. See more below…
By the way, we provide excellent benefits including generous paid vacation, holidays and sick leave time, medical, dental, and life insurance and a substantial contribution to your 401K!
General Legal Support:
- Assists General Counsel in executing the League’s public policy work
- Supports the General Counsel in preparation for the Board meetings; assists in developing and revising Board-level policies and staff-level policies and procedures
- Supports the General Counsel in risk analysis and maintaining liability and other insurance policies
- Organizes and maintains legal documents
Real Estate Transactions:
- Coordinates and works with General Counsel; provides legal support to League Conservation Program staff in negotiating, documenting and implementing real estate transactions
- Collaborates with Conservation Program staff, governmental agency staff, real-estate professionals, landowners and title companies on real estate transactions
- Provides due diligence assistance; reviews title reports and documents, appraisals and other real estate transaction documents
- Coordinates with General Counsel and Conservation staff; supports drafting, editing, and processing letters of intent, option and purchase agreements, escrow instructions, deeds, easements, licenses, conservation easements, deeds of trust, legal correspondence and other real estate transactional documentation
- Collaborates with the Conservation Program staff and General Counsel; provides legal-related administrative supporting real estate transactions
General Contracts Support:
- Supports and assists the staff in all departments to draft, edit and review contracts for compliance with League standard terms and conditions, policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Analyzes and evaluates contractual and performance risks associated with statements of work and contract type
- Performs due diligence and manages outside consultants and contractors
- Assists with orienting new staff and training staff regarding new/revised contract forms and processes
Conservation Programs Transactions and other Projects:
- Coordinates with Conservation Program staff; supports drafting, editing, reviewing and processing of memoranda of understanding, contracts, grants and other documents in support of the science, education and park programs
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Commitment to the mission of Save the Redwoods League
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in commercial real estate transactions, contracts administration, and/or other legal experience; experience in conservation or environmental work is preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other databases
- Experience in managing varied relationships and facilitating collaboration, cooperation, coordination; has sound judgment
- Ability to coordinate land transactions, conduct due diligence, and close escrow, with limited oversight
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn California local, state and federal policies and programs that affect the League and its work
- Excellent project management and detail-oriented organizational skills; able to manage outside consultants and contractors
- Strong analytical, creative, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills
- Handling complex tasks under pressure and stringent time constraints
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to establish and monitor priorities, maintain flexibility, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Occasionally lifts or moves objects weighing up to 30 pounds
Email your resume, a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and salary expectations to: Jobs@SaveTheRedwoods.org -- please put ""Paralegal / Legal Administrator” in the subject line of your e-mail.
NO CALLS PLEASE . . . we are busy protecting redwoods. THANK YOU!
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fluent English speakers who are bi- or multi-lingual are encouraged to apply.