Case Manager - Welcome House
- Degree Level
Action Ministries, Inc.
Position Title: Case Manager
Program Locations Defined: Welcome House
Reports to: Director of Case Management
Position Mission: To support the needs of AMI’s permanent housing program. This position works with the Director of Case Management to conduct case management and provide access to supportive services for individuals experiencing homelessness.
Evaluator: SVP Programs
Action Ministries Mission: Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to ongoing quality improvement of the Action Ministries Housing Program.
- Perform case management activity for the S+C, PBRA, and Harm Reduction Programs.
- Coordinate, prepare and maintain required charting and documentation in a timely and thorough manner to complete monthly report for each client.
- Adhere to all client confidentiality requirements and standards.
- Develops new and expands existing collaborations with local agencies to ensure increased access to resources for program clients.
- Document all Case Notes, Client Progress Goals, and Referrals in Pathways’ HMIS system on a weekly basis.
- Participates and assists with client activities and possible group facilitation
- Participate in ongoing individual supervision, team meetings, and trainings
- Performs other duties related to the program as defined by Program Management
- Work with other Welcome House team members to reach monthly Matching Service Goals for clients enrolled in Permanent Housing Program.
- Coordinate appropriate linkages to available mainstream services and VA benefits.
- Maintain accurate records
- Develop and maintain relationships with representatives in other agencies to support individuals attaining services such as additional mental health care, psychiatric medication, medical resources, financial assistance, legal advocacy, etc.
- Participate in daily debrief sessions, weekly supervision, department, agency wide and other meetings, training and development opportunities as determined appropriate by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited school is preferred. Experience working with homeless population(s) helpful.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong and timely documentation
- Strong team/consensus building skills.
- Ability to effectively work with individuals in crisis.
- Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and ability to drive within a multi-county service area
- Ability to use holistic, client-centered approach.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict and cope with crisis situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
- Proficiency using HMIS systems (i.e. Pathways, etc.)
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.