Contract Geriatric Care Manager-- Fayetteville, GA
- Degree Level
Jewish Family & Career Services “JF&CS” is a Georgia non-profit organization with a roughly 13 million dollar budget. The agency makes hope and opportunity happen by providing integrated programs and services that maximize self-sufficiency and quality of life. The JF&CS Foundation holds the agency’s endowment and restricted fund assets. JF&CS is now seeking a Contract Geriatric Manager for Fayetteville, GA in our Aviv Older Adult Services division.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this job is twofold:
- To provide clients who have significant life challenges and/or mental illness with the supports necessary to help them live more securely and independently in the community.
- To provide geriatric care management services for family caregivers and care recipients as a member of the Supportive Services Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Provide private pay geriatric care management services to older adults and their family caregivers, as assigned, including:
- Assess in home or in office to determine what is needed to maximize older adult’s quality of life
- Complete evaluations and referral recommendations for where to turn and what to do
- Design, implement and manage a comprehensive plan of care to relieve clients’ uncertainty, teach clients about available services, and help them understand the language and programs involved in eldercare
- Educate family caregivers and older adults concerned about appropriate levels of care and available resources
- Conduct family meetings to provide a safe space and a neutral party to listen to family concerns and help work toward resolving disagreements
- Coordinate services, appointments and follow-up based on individual needs and decisions
- Provide assistance with living-arrangement transition
- Assist with and advocate for older adult clients at doctor’s visits and hospital stays, and provide a review of clients’ care
- Assist with screening, arranging and monitoring services
- Maintain all client files in accordance with CARF regulations and funding requirements
- Maintain and submit all required documentation required in NextStep.
- Conduct in office and/or in home visits with private pay family caregivers and care recipients
- Participate in supervision with the manager of Caregiver Support Services twice monthly
- Attend AVIV staff meetings and caregiver workgroup meetings, as needed, and work with AVIV staff as part of a team.
- The candidate must demonstrate client-centered values and a commitment to working to enhance the lives of older adults and their families.
- Excellent knowledge base and comfort level working with older adults and their family caregivers.
- Knowledge of community resources for older adults.
- Knowledge of cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavioral therapy techniques considered a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of community resources and entitlement programs and excellent skills as a client advocate to access resources.
- Able to organize, mediate, be creative, multitask, convey empathy and be willing to learn. A good team player. Able to plan and help clients reach goals. Good use of the English language and able to communicate clearly. Must be able to manage time effectively, maintain boundaries and cope with crises. Must have valid Georgia Driver’s License, insured personal vehicle and be willing to transport clients when necessary. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an area of human service preferred, with related experience working with older adults and family caregivers. Bachelor’s level degree with equivalent experience will be considered.
Please apply online at www.jfcsatl.org . At the bottom of the website click, "Jobs at JFCS". You will then be able to select your position of interest, create an account and apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer