Chief Development Officer
- Experience Level
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Posting Date: 07.11.2019
Job Closing Date: Until Filled
Pay Grade: Exempt
Status: Full Time
Work Hours: 9 am until 5 pm (M - F)
Hiring Department: Development
With a rich history spanning nearly 60 years, Hi-Hope Service Center is a Lawrenceville-based nonprofit organization that supports individuals with disabilities and their families to live rich, full, active lives. Hi-Hope is dedicated to enhancing the capacity of individuals with disabilities to live, work, and participate as active members of their communities. We enable each individual to achieve their maximum personal independence while demonstrating excellence in service and support. In addition to day services and supported employment, Hi-Hope supports 5 homes located throughout Gwinnett County. Home to 4 individuals each, these homes are staffed 24 hours a day by Hi-Hope employees who are committed to helping individuals live healthy, safe, fun, rich lives. Hi-Hope is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Looking for an opportunity to join a growing organization with committed leadership and programs that make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities? Hi-Hope Service Center, a thriving, 60 year old organization in Lawrenceville, seeks a Chief Development Officer to lead its fundraising and marketing programs.
The Chief Development Officer supervises communications, volunteer management, and other development staff, while serving as a member of Hi-Hope's senior leadership team and reporting to the CEO. To learn more about Hi-Hope, the Chief Development Officer opportunity, or to submit your resume, contact: Lisa Kennedy, ACFRE, at email@example.com.
- Collaborate with the CEO, senior staff, and board members to establish fundraising goals and develop and implement comprehensive plans for annual fund, campaigns, and special events.
- Implement comprehensive fundraising plan, including cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individuals, foundations and corporations, and civic groups.
- Engage leadership volunteers in Hi-Hope's mission and work. Coach and support fundraising volunteers.
- Direct the growth and management of the volunteer program.
- Direct plans for special events, including an annual flagship event and cultivation and stewardship events.
- Manage relationships with and draft proposals for current and prospective partners in the foundation and corporate communities.
- Measure and report results of development activities, including financial goals and metrics, to board, leadership team, and other key stakeholders.
Bachelor’s degree required, with a master’s degree and/or a CFRE a plus.
- At least eight years of experience leading a development program, working with board members and senior staff, and managing staff.
- Demonstrated success in executing fundraising plans, soliciting gifts, writing proposals, and engaging volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to participate in events and meetings that may occur at night or on weekends.
- Experience working in human services and/or with people with disabilities is a plus
- Hands on knowledge and extensive experience with donor database software.
Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Community Engagement Manager
- Marketing and Communication Coordinator
- Development Coordinator
Must be 21 years old, able to pass a pre-employment physical and capable of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds; have a negative drug screening and a tuberculosis (TB) screening or chest X-Ray; have an acceptable motor vehicle record with no more than two moving violations in a three year period, within the last five years of a seven year motor vehicle record report; vehicle liability insurance, an acceptable criminal record check and credit check. Must have reliable transportation.