Research Administrative Assistant
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Research Administrative Assistant is a key player in the function of the Research Team and serves as the primary administrative support for the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and the Research Program team. The Research Administrative Assistant plays an important role in assisting the Research team in data processing, grant management, and logistic leadership around meetings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains program and CSO calendars and contacts.
- Coordinates meetings, conference calls and webinars, particularly for meetings of the Parkinson’s Foundation Scientific Advisory Board.
- Prepares meeting notes for review.
- Coordinates travel for Research Program staff, grant reviewers and for annual grantee summit.
- Formats and drafts documents, correspondence and meeting notes, as needed for CSO and Research Team.
- Assists with reconciling monthly credit card and travel expenses for CSO and Research Team.
- Collaborating with other the members of Research Programs in fulfilling their responsibilities and functions.
- Under direction of Grants Coordinator, processing grant award payments.
- Be available to provide on-site support as needed for Parkinson’s Foundation events.
- Strong candidates should have a BS/BA degree, scientific discipline preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel and Word.
- Prior experience working in a scientific field or healthcare environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work at hand.
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be resourceful, self-starter and problem solver.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Research Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.