Executive Assistant (C-Suite)
- Experience Level
Executive Assistant (C-Suite)
Who We Are:
Faith in Action is the largest grassroots faith-based community organizing network in the United States. For 40 years, Faith in Action has brought people of faith together to advance racial and economic justice. Through a network of 45 faith-based organizations and 1,200 religious congregations, Faith in Action provides an opportunity for thousands of volunteer leaders to stand up and be heard on the public and corporate decisions that most directly shape their lives.
Faith in Action organizations have successfully changed public policies at the local, state and federal level that have helped families obtain affordable health coverage for themselves and their children, provide their children with a better education, protection for immigrants, reduction in private prisons, sentencing reform, increased minimum wage, earned sick time provisions, home foreclosure prevention, and secure good jobs. Through an innovative campaign infrastructure that ties together grassroots people-led organizing in more than 200 cities and towns and 20 states with large-scale efforts to change federal policy, Faith in Action is currently leading campaigns to protect healthcare, end mass-incarceration, reduce gun violence, keep immigrant families together, and build an economy where people can work with dignity and take care of those they love.
Faith in Action is seeking a full-time C-Suite Level Executive Administrative Assistant. The Executive Administrative Assistant provides high level administrative support for the Executive Director and Deputy Director, assisting and supporting leaders and associates of both parts of the organization.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, operational and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
Above all, the ideal candidate will have a proven commitment to social justice and express comfort working in a multi-racial, multi-faith environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Executive Support to Executive Director and Deputy Director
- Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requires interacting with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants and funders, to coordinate a variety of in-office and off-site appointments
- Manage schedules to priorities by surfacing questions, getting aligned on tradeoffs, ensuring enough space/travel time between appointments and blocking dedicated work spaces
- Conduct background research and provide pertinent materials to prepare Executive’s for upcoming meetings and conferences
- Manage and maintain travel arrangements, registrations and reservations
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming and outgoing electronic and hard copy communications on behalf of the Executive Director
- Prepare expense reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or presentation software
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support to Deputy Director
- Maintain good condition of the office, arrange for necessary repairs and implement office policies
- Monitor and replenish office supplies inventory, anticipate supply needs for upcoming projects or events
- Support day-to-day administrative needs of Faith in Action San Diego office, including but not limited to: faxing, mailing, shipping, scanning, ordering catering for in-office meetings, record-keeping, etc.
- Serve as the operator for incoming calls, receive incoming visitors and manage vendor relationships
- Ensures that technology is appropriate to meet the needs of a growing team
- Plan and implement office systems upgrades and equipment procurement
- Provide troubleshooting support for technical difficulties
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (required)
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; a minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting at the executive level, preferably in a nonprofit, public policy or social services environment;
- Demonstrated experience with calendar management and scheduling travel arrangements, credit card reconciliation, managing vendor relationships;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Proven experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Customer service oriented
- 100% follow-through
- Familiarity with any of the following databases: SalesForce, VAN and/or Salsa
- Experience with basic IT troubleshooting
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience with project management
Physical Demands (must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job):
- While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, lift up to 20 lbs., speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
- Requires the ability to travel regionally and periodically nationally, on behalf of Faith in Action.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Faith in Action is committed to diversity in its staff, and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits.
All applicants must apply for this position online via organizingcareers.org. Please have the following documents ready to upload to your online application:
- An electronic file of your resume (preferably in PDF format);
- A cover letter (stating why you would be the ideal person for this position);
If you need assistance or experience any technical difficulties with your online application, please contact email@example.com. Resumes will not be accepted via this email address.
FAITH IN ACTION provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FAITH IN ACTION complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Religion / Faith-based Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Advocacy / Lobbying Religion / Faith-based Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Executive / Senior Management Religion / Faith-based Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Facilities / Equipment Religion / Faith-based Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Program / Project Management Religion / Faith-based Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.