- Experience Level
TITLE: Administrative Associate
CATEGORY: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Philanthropy Officer
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: As Jewish Atlanta booms, our team at Federation is growing to support the expanding community. The Philanthropy Department is looking for a motivated, flexible, detail-oriented and proactive associate to join our efforts as we expand the ways we engage with donors in the community. This position will provide planning, organizing and administrative support to the Philanthropy team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project and Event Coordination
- Provide event support to the Philanthropy Team including Premier Division, Women’s Philanthropy, Business & Professionals divisions as well as NextGen and Missions. This will include preparation and creation of material, file management, data entry, donor services, RSVP management and other duties as assigned.
- Provide support for committee meetings: manage scheduling and invitations, checking calendars, tracking RSVPs, room logistics, food, follow up with non-responders, copies, table tents, name tags.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and review them with lead professional prior to distribution. Initiate follow up as needed.
- Participate in creative and planning process of events and POP-Ups.
- Schedule internal meetings.
- Submit expenses for reimbursement.
- Run analytic reports from the donor management system (GRITS).
- Manage the collection, tracking, aggregation of data.
- Respond to donor inquiries via email or phone.
- Provide switchboard coverage including troubleshooting community member issues and requests.
- Manage Lion of Judah pin duties; create letters, mailing, invoices and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, minimum 2 years full-time related work experience within a nonprofit or customer service-oriented organization. Experience with multi-line phone systems, Outlook, and database management. Ability to manage difficult conversations. Understanding and commitment to the Jewish community. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient computer skills. Ability to multi-task and exercise sound judgment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be frequently required sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, communicate verbally, and have strong hearing skills. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.