- Experience Level
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF RHEUMATOLOGY
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION
Based in Atlanta, GA the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals and scientists that work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has over 9,400 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services, including: educational programming, legislative advocacy, practice management support and grant funding through its Rheumatology Research Foundation. The ACR’s Annual Scientific Meeting held each fall is the premier scientific meeting in the world devoted to rheumatic diseases. To find out more about us please visit www.rheumatology.org
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: Project Manager – Education Department (Contract / Temp)
ASSIGNMENT DATES: July 1, 2019 – Dec 31, 2019
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: VP, Education
ASSIGNMENT DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This individual is responsible for leading cross functional teams to support the successful delivery of annual meeting. Primary responsibilities include creation and documentation of core processes and methodologies for the development of the annual meeting that directly support the strategic and fiscal goals, as well as creation of effective and efficient processes for communicating progress relate to the annual meeting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish processes and methodologies for successful project management for the development of the annual meeting, as well as preplanning for future modernization initiatives.
- Create and manage project scopes, schedules, budgets, assigned resources, and risks for all assigned annual meeting tasks/projects.
- In collaboration with the business owners:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring resource feasibility.
- Define the tasks which need to be undertaken to complete the project, and in what order they should occur.
- Control the project schedule by examining milestones, key dates and the critical path throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage the scope throughout by regular monitoring and controlling
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Ensure that all the project team members work on their tasks in the appropriate order. This includes calculating the time a task takes and solving any problems which may delay them making their deadlines.
- Meet with project team members regularly to identify and resolve issues.
- Develop or recommend changes to modify business processes and procedures to solve business problems.
- Identify potential risks, assess the impact they may have and consequently plan to avoid or manage them.
- Communicate progress of the project to both the project team and the stakeholders regularly.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to stakeholders.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document workflows and needs.
- Document new opportunities/initiatives for future consideration/implementation.
- Conducting post project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Some overnight travel as necessary to fulfill job and assigned responsibilities.
- Any additional responsibilities as the VP, Education and ACR Executive Vice President may assign.
- Minimum 7 years of project management.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification strongly preferred.
- Strong experience as a project team leader, driving complex projects to successful implementation.
- Knowledge of project management best practices, including systems and application implementation and development.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in managing projects on time, within budget.
- Demonstrated experience with effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience with tracking and monitoring projects, including regular progress reporting.
- Advanced experience with project management best practices and methodologies, including Agile.
- Ability to think strategically, considering organizational goals and requirements with all projects.
- Ability to foster, support and sustain positive and constructive approaches with all projects.
- Ability and experience to be flexible, effectively manage change, and handle stressful situations.
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision to completion.
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this assignment are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new description may be created.
Individuals interested in this assignment – please submit cover letter and resume to Emmanuel Kalu at firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Customer Service / Retail Education Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Education Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Education / Teaching Education Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Education Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta
- Research Education Contract / Freelance jobs in Atlanta