Educational Products & Services Support Specialist
- Degree Level
The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals, and promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The EPS Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the EPS department and the EPS Director with administrative duties, special projects and the support of our chapters with events and activities such Tree Climbing Championships, workshops and digital learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands ISA’s Mission and adheres to organization and staff core values.
- Supports the needs of the EPS team, coordinating and documenting meetings and team status updates.
- Provides customer/user support to members using ISA’s Online Learning Center.
- Manages TRAQ facilitator relations including communication, material distribution, facilitator meetings and course activities with partners and components.
- Supports the activities of the following committees:
- Conference Program
- Duties may include, but are not limited to arranging conference calls, setting up online and in-person meetings, taking meeting notes, distribute minutes and agendas.
- Support Learning Product Developers with SME coordination – meeting planning (this is not for every single interaction which the LPDs will do but larger meetings involving travel, hotel, and meeting rooms)
- Serves as LMS administrator and support for users.
- Fields inquiries regarding permissions and reprints of ISA materials and facilitates proper handling of subsequent rights and usage.
- Coordinates distribution of author and reviewer copies of new ISA publications.
- Supports the product ordering and printing processes.
- Coordinates external and internal invoice processing as main liaison with the Finance Department.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director of EPS.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred; minimum 2 years of related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English on a professional level
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus
Decision Making/Reasoning Ability
- Ability to coordinate projects with subject matter experts, committees, and key vendors
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-departmental projects
- Ability to complete projects accurately within deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and stay on task to complete projects, with little supervision
- Fundamental comprehension of association management processes and a basic understanding of online learning and publishing
- Demonstrate an ability to respectfully interact with industry professionals and volunteers and have a strong service-oriented attitude
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with internal and external customers.
- This position requires occasional lifting, under 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Technology and Equipment
- Office 365; proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and basic Internet.
- Experience with learning technologies is helpful.
ISA is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Atlanta, GA. This position is not eligible for remote work.