- Experience Level
A. Organizational Overview
Founded in 2007, The Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance (SEEA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization focused on the advancement of knowledge, resources, and opportunities needed to use energy more efficiently in the southeastern United States. We do this by supporting the development of effective state, local, and utility policies and research, expanding the availability of financial resources, and fostering collaborative partnerships to address energy efficiency in buildings and transportation.
As one of six regional energy efficiency organizations (REEOs), SEEA is part of a strong national network dedicated to leveraging the benefits of energy efficiency for all communities. SEEA works collaboratively with stakeholders in 11 southeastern states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
The Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance works to ensure people in the Southeast have the knowledge, resources, and opportunities to optimize energy use.
Energy efficiency is a primary driver of a prosperous, healthy and sustainable Southeast.
SEEA’s Culture & Benefits
SEEA’s offers a highly collaborative and supportive work environment to allow employees to grow and demonstrate their leadership abilities. Employees receive the following benefits:
- 15 days of Paid Time Off and 9 paid holidays annually
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement plans with organizational match
- Paid parental maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly alternative transit and mobile phone stipends
- Flexible work schedule
- Continuing education and professional development opportunities
B. Position Description
SEEA seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Communications Manager. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Communications Manager will oversee a variety of existing projects and programs as well as develop new communications initiatives to support SEEA’s evolving portfolio of work.
The SEEA Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the organization with communications and marketing in four areas: 1) SEEA’s Identity and Brand, 2) SEEA Events and Conference, 3) SEEA Work Areas, and 4) The SEEA Membership Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
SEEA Identity and Brand
- Oversee SEEA’s brand strategy and elements ensuring these are deployed consistently across all SEEA public-facing content and platforms
- Update SEEA website content and maintain website hosting packages, domain registrations, and security updates
- Maintain SEEA’s library of digital media assets (templates, collateral, stock photos)
- Generate press releases and media notices of upcoming events and newsworthy achievements
- Manage SEEA’s social media accounts and post timely, relevant announcements and promotions
- Oversee the design, development, and distribution of SEEA’s Annual Report and other SEEA collateral
SEEA Events and Conference
- Assist staff in the development of event and conference programs including speaker recruitment and speaker liaison tasks as well as room set up, logistics and presentation
- Assist with the development of event and conference sponsorship packages
- Develop and execute event- and conference-specific marketing outreach and campaigns that ensure high levels of engagement and participation
- Oversee the design and development of event collateral, programs, signage, etc.
- Maintain and update the SEEA conference website
- Oversee the collection of post-event feedback and evaluations
SEEA Work Areas
- Collaborate with SEEA’s Work Area teams to distribute research reports and fieldwork through the creation of public-facing materials in a variety of media formats including presentations, web pages, webinars, blogs, infographics, videos, etc.
- Consult with Work Area staff to develop and execute communications and distribution plans for Work Area reports, research, and initiatives
- Provide copy-editing and proof-reading assistance for all public-facing content
SEEA Membership Program
- Oversee the development of SEEA’s monthly member email newsletter and quarterly stakeholder email newsletter
- Maintain and update the Membership section of SEEA’s website with member logos and materials
- Work with the Membership Manager to develop materials and promotions that support member recruitment and retention
- A confident communicator with strong copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills
- Skilled at distilling complex topics into easily understood communication materials
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to define intended audiences, messages, and communication methods
- An eye for graphic design and layouts and experience with professional printing in a variety of formats
- Superior project management, prioritization, and time management skills
- Experience with website management, preferably with the WordPress platform (basic HTML and SEO experience a plus)
- Effective use of Microsoft Office Suite ( knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
- Experienced user of major social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and able to quickly learn online tools for email marketing, webinars, and event management
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or Business
- At least five or more years’ related work experience in a professional environment
- A demonstrated interest in energy efficiency and sustainability
- Knowledge of the energy sector a plus, but not necessary
Location & Travel
This position is based in SEEA’s main office in Atlanta, Georgia and may require occasional travel.
Classification & Compensation
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position. Annual salary range is $60,000 to $65,000. Successful applicants will be required to demonstrate their legal status to work in the United States.
C. How to Apply
Qualified candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume through SEEA's BambooHR platform. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.
Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide three professional or academic references.