- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Technology Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School's mission is to empower young adults (18-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, support, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School provides an outstanding alternative education that activates the capacity of all students to learn, achieve and grow. YBPCS will be recognized as a model of authentic experiential learning, not only among programs serving out-of-school youth, but also among all high-achieving schools and youth programs in the country.
High expectations, a nurturing climate, personalized culture and rigorous real world learning experiences ensures that graduates are poised for life-long learning and career advancement. It is our vision that YouthBuild graduates will emerge as highly accomplished, self-sufficient, self aware and socially conscious citizens. Graduates will be energized about their futures and build support networks for their personal, social and emotional health and well-being.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School will maximize its capacity to engage each student’s passion, tap into his or her individual potential and provide him or her with real opportunities for personal and professional transformation.
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The programs three core values - respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach high school students how to refurbish donated computers, which then get distributed to local schools, churches and various non-profit community organizations
- Create an enterprise where students can interact with corporate donors, design and maintain inventory databases, and provide technical support to their peers and recipient organizations
- Train students to provide help desk support to local non-profit organizations.
- Train students to pass Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3) certification, which helps students learn and demonstrate Internet and digital literacy skills.
- Train students to design, create and host websites of local non-profit organizations.
- Hold high expectations for each student, and be able to establish positive rapport with students.
- Provide appropriate and effective supervision and professional development for two AmeriCorps members, who support the technology program’s mission.
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy and effective classroom management.
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Experience/background in technology
- Possess an extensive knowledge of computer hardware, troubleshooting and refurbishing.
- Preferred: Masters in Education/Teaching or content area
- Preferred: A+ and Network+ Certifications
- Preferred: Supervision experience
- Mission driven to work with YB’s student body
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align to restorative practices
- FBI - Criminal History Report
- PATCH - Pennsylvania Police Department - Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- TB Test Results
- Act 24 - Arrest Conviction Form
- NSOPW - National Sex Offender Clearance
How to apply: Send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations via email to Human Resources at email@example.com with subject line “Technology Coordinator”
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.