Coordinator, Annual Meeting
- Experience Level
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF RHEUMATOLOGY
Based in Atlanta, GA, the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals and scientists that work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has over 9,400 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services, including: educational programming, legislative advocacy, and practice management support and grant funding through the Rheumatology Research Foundation. The ACR’s Annual Meeting, held each fall, is the premier scientific meeting in the world devoted to rheumatic diseases. For more information on American College of Rheumatology, please go to www.rheumatology.org.
TITLE: Coordinator, Annual Meeting
POSITION #: 67
DATE: June 2019
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Annual Meeting Education
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Coordinator, Annual Meeting provides direct support for the annual meeting team by maintaining the speaker/session database and coordinating speaker logistics and educational content.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain annual meeting speaker/session databases; includes site development, speaker materials tracking, reports, and correspondence.
- Collect, import and update speaker/session details to include copy edits, speaker contact information, keywords, tracks and CME/MOC credits.
- Build and maintain speaker site frameworks for required materials and correspondences.
- Manage the dissemination of correspondence for required materials including speaker intent, demographics, bio, speaker agreement, disclosures, honorarium designation and syllabi to 500+ invited speakers.
- Generate reports and distribute to leadership as requested on speaker tasks.
- Manage the creation and administration of speaker user accounts in database(s).
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with internal and external databases
- Coordinate the session coding for printed session tracker, registration and mobile app vendor.
- Maintain speaker honorarium budget documentation, process expense reimbursements, and coordinate speaker hotel and airfare accommodations.
- Collect, import and maintain speaker honorarium fees and expense benefits where applicable.
- Generate, process, and track 200+ honorarium check requests and wire transfers; to include submission of applicable tax forms, agreements and formal thank you letters.
- Review and process 125+ speaker travel expense compensations, submitting check requisition forms as needed
- Review, code, and process bank charges in relation to speaker travel expenses.
- Collect, export, and update speaker housing and airfare documentation with external vendors, assist speakers with travel inquiries and provide travel reports upon request.
- Coordinate the logistics and implementation of 120+ Meet the Professor (MTP), Workshops (WK) and Study Group sessions.
- Liaison with the MTP, WK and Study Group subcommittee chairs, faculty, and ACR Staff on scheduling and session logistics.
- Coordinate with outside vendors on the procurement of high-end equipment rental and medical supplies as it relates to Annual Meeting hands-on workshops.
- Communicate speaker ADA requests, audio/visual needs, and meeting room set-up with meeting planners.
- Manage the onsite coordination of staff support, temporary staff and patients
- Coordinate the collection and dissemination of 100+ speaker syllabi for the premeetings, Meet the Professors, and Workshops.
- Collect, download and create speaker syllabi files for attendee dissemination.
- Participate in the user acceptance testing of online activity components including syllabi accessibility, credit claiming and transcripts.
- Maintain equipment rentals, supply orders and packing/shipping of materials for annual meeting team and committee meetings.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; assemble shipping manifest and pack supplies for annual meeting education team.
- Manage, order, and disseminate special session medals/trophies and ship to award recipients.
- Serve as the lead annual meeting team customer service representative:
- Respond and track general inquiries via annual meeting, speakers, and study groups inboxes.
- Serve on a rotating schedule as backup to ACR switchboard receptionist.
- Troubleshoot speaker accessibility issues with speaker management site.
- Any other duties the Director, Annual Meeting Education, Senior Director, Annual Meeting, Vice President of Education, or ACR Executive Vice President may assign.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent association/education experience
- Experience working in events, specifically related to content and speaker management
- Demonstrated experience working with association management systems and databases; Salesforce experience a plusAbility to manage and maintain a high volume of data while simultaneously keeping in mind decision impact
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures for compliance with accreditation requirements as specified by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe programs essential, including Word, Excel, , PowerPoint, Outlook , and Acrobat
- Familiarity with use of various Internet browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox, etc.) essential; HTML/CSS experience preferred, but not required
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to maintain accountability, manage multiple priorities, and interact and communicate well with a wide variety of individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with volunteers and staff in a professional, diplomatic manner
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational, and oral/written communication skills
- Some travel and/or overtime required
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a routine basis
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.