Housing Stability Case Manager
- Degree Level
Make an impact by preventing homelessness for at-risk families by joining the Nicholas House team as its Housing Stability Case Manager.
The Housing Stability Case Manager assists at-risk families to prevent homelessness by proactively contacting and assessing housing stability of formerly homeless families who have exited programs and intervening when needed to avoid a relapse into homelessness as well as responding to and assessing the requests of families in a new housing crisis and identifying solutions to prevent possible homelessness and entering the shelter/homeless system. The position may also assist currently homeless families in obtaining housing and becoming self-sufficient;
The Case Manager will broker and provide time-limited rental assistance, payment of arrears, and other services needed to meet basic and more complex needs and to achieve the goals needed to live independently. Serves as primary coordinator for all services to meet client’s needs and as needed placement assistant for permanent housing of participants with duties that may include property selection help and inspection, lease and rent negotiations. The Case manager will also ensure that all services delivered are well documented in case files and in the Client Track HMIS system according to policy and procedures and conduct follow-up contact to ensure sustained housing after families have left the program support.
* Bachelor's degree in social work or other human service area
* At least 3 years of experience in direct case management, including documentation per HUD standards and use of Client Track HMIS system
* Extensive knowledge and experience in the provision of services in programs for low income and homeless populations (families preferred)
* Strong understanding of outcome measures, service documentation and program development
* Working knowledge of Georgia's resources and service delivery system and ability to develop effective collaborative relationships with other service providers
* Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
* Possess a valid Georgia driver’s license with consistent access to private transportation.
* Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel, and data entry software.
* Full background and driving record checks will be conducted of final candidates
SKILLS & ABILITIES NEEDED
* Results oriented with a passion to make an impact
* Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment to proactively identify and overcome barriers or find solutions
* Knowledge of and experience with Client Track HMIS is a significant plus
* Ability to provide empathy and engage with persuasive encouragement while earning respect and requiring compliance with regulations or policies as needed
* Excellent writing skills to produce clear, concise and compelling reports
* Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and effective time management
* Excellent interpersonal with a variety of personalities and socio-economic backgrounds
* Ability to work with enthusiasm in stressful situations while maintaining positive nature and flexibility
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
The case manager will:
- Proactively contact formerly homeless families at specified interviews post program exit to evaluate family status and provide early intervention should housing instability be indicated and cement gains made while previously in homeless housing program
- Identify, assess and qualify families in a new crisis who are at risk of homelessness that could be prevented and establish an intervention plan to maintain housing stability
- Assist families as needed with locating affordable housing, apartment negotiations, inspections for housing adequacy and referral to community resources that can help address causes of housing instability
- Coordinate strategic payments for rent / utility arrears, current/future rent, and other supportive services needed to prevent housing instability and homelessness
- Provide data collection to measure outcome and ensure long term housing sustainability, documenting all efforts in the Client Track HMIS system.
- Provide a housing stability plan as a framework to maintain ongoing housing stability for each family at the exit of each family from program.
- Conduct and document follow-up contacts and housing stability status at various intervals for up to 2 years after program exit
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and salary expectation to the Work for Good website APPLY HERE link. No Phone Calls please. Due to the volume of applicants we regret that we can only respond to those applicants who will be asked to an interview.
Nicholas House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Nicholas House to consider all qualified applicants, staff and volunteers on the basis of merit and without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, color, sexual orientation, or disability.