Director of Finance
- Experience Level
Director of Finance
Community Support Network is a nonprofit agency that is an innovator in providing effective tools, support, housing, and dignity to individuals with behavioral health challenges. We are dedicated to creating a compassionate, healthy, and safe community by empowering people at risk to achieve stability and to realize their individual potential.
Community Support Network is seeking a Finance Director. The Finance Director is responsible for all accounting and financial operations of the agency. This position prepares and monitors agency budgets and financial reporting, oversees cash flow, financials, audits and liaisons with agency funders and financial institutions.
- Develop and administer accounting systems and operations accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to meet the needs of the agency’s programs and funding.
- Project and monitor monthly cash flow.
- Prepare and monitor annual agency operating and capital budgets.
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and provide regular financial summaries. Ensure the financial viability of CSN by analyzing information, and making recommendations for action to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- In concert with the Executive Director, negotiate costs for annual agency audit and prepare audit. Coordinate activities and reports with auditors. Assists in funding source audits, Worker’s Compensation audits, and IRS audits.
- Work with Human Resources to review employee benefit programs in concert with the Executive Director, and recommend appropriate retirement and health plans that align with agency budget.
- Maintain agency insurance policies. Oversee loans and mortgages and major capital grants.
- Assure financial and insurance compliance with all contracts
- Oversee all payroll functions and systems
- Manage Finance Assistant.
Part time, hourly position, 24-32 hours per week. Wage range $38.00 to $40.00 per hour
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, retirement plan, life insurance and sick & vacation time.
- MA in Accounting, Public/Business Administration, or related field, or Baccalaureate in related field with relevant experience.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting including fund accounting, multiple funding, computer, payroll, account receivable and payable, budget preparation, fiscal reporting and supervision preferred.
- Experience with foundation and federal operating grants preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to appropriately and effectively prioritize a wide range of responsibilities and be able to supervise programs and projects simultaneously.
- Must have leadership abilities/skills; possess the ability to foster teamwork and progressive change.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and knowledge of computer-based spreadsheets, databases, with QuickBooks software preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jean Clifford, CSN’s Human Resources Coordinator through this posting.