- Experience Level
Bearings Bike Shop is a faith-based organization that invites kids ages 6-17 to earn bikes by spending time learning bike maintenance and repair skills. Beyond earning a bike of their own, youth can continue working in the program, developing skills and character as they advance through different levels of our mechanical curriculum. The ultimate goal of the program is to prepare young people to transition into adulthood with the skills they need to be successful; a big part of that goal is exposing participants to the opportunities that they can access through trades and mechanical training. The Operations Coordinator works with all members of the Bearings team to ensure everything from monthly financial reports to seasonal outreach events run smoothly and support the organization’s mission. He or she reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with members of the development and leadership teams.
College degree or qualifying work experience in non-profit operations
Strong relationship-builder and communicator with experience in diverse work teams
Alignment with the Bearings Bike Shop's mission, vision, and values
Proven ability to excel in a fun, fast-paced environment with a dynamic and mission-driven team
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Initiate and maintain vendor relationships (office supplies, catering, shipping, banking, etc.)
- Manage logistics and prepare agendas for monthly board and weekly staff meetings
- Process mail and donations
- Schedule meetings/manage calendars
- Maintain and prepare documentation of expenses for monthly financial reports
- Manage deposits and bank records in compliance with organization’s financial policies
- Contribute to creating, maintaining, and updating operational processes to ensure alignment to best practices and compliance with legal mandates
- Provide daily logistical support to all staff (purchasing, scheduling and coordinating, etc)
- Manage employee enrollment in insurance and payroll
- Track and record paid time off for all employees
- Manage employee reimbursements
- Train new hires on policies and procedures
- Maintain the office by organizing and routing information and paperwork, ordering supplies, and keeping the office and administrative workspaces clean and organized
- Respond to general inquiries from the public via phone and email and greet visitors
- Maintain communal office spaces and assist team in preparing to receive guests and visitors
- Undertake special projects at the direction of the Executive Director and the Director of Operations (e.g. assisting in audit)
Development & Events Support
- Assist Development Associate in maintaining donor database, running reports, and coordinating various donor communication pieces and marketing materials as needed, from newsletters to gift acknowledgement letters
- Maintain relationships with and manage volunteer teams and vendors for events
- Assist Development Associate with logistics for execution of donor cultivation and outreach events, tours, etc.
- An organized and meticulous “details person” who follows tasks through to completion.
- Passionate about non-profit (especially youth development) work and eager to learn more about what it takes to run an organization day-to-day.
- A team player who thrives in a supportive role.
- Task-oriented and able to prioritize effectively to manage multiple projects.
- Excited and motivated by the work of Bearings Bike Shop!