Case Manager II (CM II)
- Position Type
- Full Time
POSITION: Case Manager II (CM II), 2 job openings at Washburn Residence, (Full-time), Non-licensed or Non-waivered (MHRS)
SALARY: $23.35 per hour ($48,568.00 annualized) with excellent benefits
REPORTS TO: Program Director III
THE ORGANIZATION: Organization and Program: Conard House Inc. is a nonprofit organization empowering individuals who live and work in the margins of society. We work with a diverse adult population and strive for cultural competency/humility by respecting experience, promoting inclusion, and building community. This position is with the Outpatient Services within the Supportive Housing Program. This program provides housing, case management, and income advocacy for adult residents in nine Single Resident Occupancy (SRO) Hotels in the Tenderloin and South of Market area and scattered-site shared apartments located throughout San Francisco. Additionally, staff at Outpatient Services provide individual and group rehabilitation services, individual and group therapy, assessment and treatment planning, and crisis intervention pertaining to their scope of practice. This position is included in the collective bargaining unit SEIU Local 1021.
QUALIFICATIONS: BA or equivalent years of experience and four years of experience providing direct services including work with individuals who also experience mental health, substance use, and physical health conditions. An Associate’s Degree (AA) and six years of direct experience is acceptable. Applicants must have a working knowledge of psychiatric medications, psychological terminology, and mental health and social services in San Francisco. Effective advocacy, organizational, and communication skills are essential. The ability to work as a team member towards common goals and objectives is required. Applicants must have the ability to document using electronic database according to Medi-Cal guidelines. Experience with Medi-Cal billing and AVATAR database preferred. Ability to travel to meetings off-site required. However, personal vehicle is not required. Must successfully complete education and reference verification. After a conditional offer of hire, a criminal background check must be reviewed.
- Provide mental health services to clients and document services in AVATAR according to Conard House and Medi-Cal guidelines.
- Meet monthly billing target.
- Provide resources to clients on a broad range of problems in a manner that is supportive, constructive and non-judgmental.
- Admit and orient new clients to the program.
- Assess client's need for medical and psychiatric evaluations and make appropriate referrals.
- Develop and implement case management and money management plans and contracts.
- Coordinate Plans of Care with other services being provided to the client.
- Provide advocacy assistance pursuing entitlements, clothing, health care, mental health services and other issues. Maintain entitlements and ensure proper completion of client applications and forms.
- Conduct groups and activities oriented toward stabilized living. Facilitate interaction among clients and involvement in the social program.
- Maintain a supportive, independent living environment.
- Facilitate community building within the hotel and assist clients in utilizing hotel community resources.
- Intervene in crisis situations according to procedures.
- Assist clients with daily living skills.
- Develop and implement plan for client placement upon discharge from program.
Application Procedure: Please send resume and letter of intent with “Case Manager” in subject heading to Ralitsa Georgieva, Associate Clinical Director, via email: SHCMjobs@conard.org. People from diverse cultural backgrounds encouraged to apply. We are committed Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the city and state’s Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.