Internship Placement Coordinator
- Degree Level
Based in Chittagong, Bangladesh, the Asian University for Women (AUW) is an international, liberal arts and sciences university that seeks to cultivate the region’s next generation of female leaders. With a student body of more than 900 hailing from 19 countries, AUW promotes an ethos of cross-cultural understanding, academic curiosity, and ethical leadership. AUW provides a fast-paced work environment with new projects frequently on the horizon and strong opportunities for growth. For more information, visit https://asian-university.org.
Reporting to the AUW Registrar and the AUW Support Foundation Managing Director, the Internship Placement Coordinator is the primary liaison between AUW and the many organizations that host AUW students and graduates as interns. The Internship Placement Coordinator will play a key role in identifying and cultivating partnership and internship opportunities—maintaining a portfolio of public- and private-sector internship partnerships throughout Asia and the world. The Internship Placement Coordinator will work in AUW’s center for Career Development and International Programs (CDIP). The majority of AUW student are first generation university entrants who have not had prior exposure to formal work or professional work environments. AUW encourages each student to complete at least three professional internships prior to the completion of her study at AUW: one with a private sector organization, one with a public sector organization or NGO, and one with an entrepreneur. AUW believes that exposing students to these three frames of organization can help students discover different types of work while clarifying their preferred career paths.
- Work with AUW Support Foundation in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA) to ensure targeted, quality internship opportunities are available for AUW students and graduates
- Research various types of international organizations for potential internship placement; create and maintain an inventory of internship opportunities to support the supervisor and CDIP
- Communicate and network with host organizations for internship and employment placements
- Coordinate and liaise the entire hiring process from the application, selection, orientation and debriefing programs
- Develop and oversee workshops and forums/conferences relevant to applying for and completing professional internships for AUW students
- Prepare regular progress reports on placements for internal and external stakeholders
Previous experience in an administrative and client-facing role and at least 2 years of work experience are required. A proven track record in corporate or public-private relations; knowledge of relevant internship research channels; and ability to work with a diverse range of students, faculty, and executives are required. Previous experience in an international working environment and/or a university career development center is preferred. Ability to communicate effectively in writing, via telephone, e-mail, face to face, or using other media. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Katsuki Sakai at Katsuki.Sakai@asian-university.org