Community Services Manager
- Experience Level
At STAND! For Families Free of Violence, we believe that collaboration is essential to eliminating family violence, strengthening families, and providing a range of prevention, intervention, and treatment programs and services.
We are currently seeking an experienced manager to oversee our Community Services programs, where we partner with other organizations across Contra Costa County including Family Justice Centers, Employment and Human Services Departments and other collaborators.
This full time position reports to the Director of Client Services, and is responsible for managing and developing our team of DV Liaisons and Community Services Coordinators who are located in other organization’s facilities, and from there offer domestic violence technical assistance and intervention to the staff and clients of our partnering organizations.
The Community Services Manager has a range of responsibilities in the areas of program development and implementation, external collaborations development and maintenance, in addition to program administration, and fiscal and personnel management. The successful candidate will have robust experience and a strong track record in all these areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing evidence-based best practice models for their programs; for managing all aspects of contract compliance, and for overseeing the services provided to clients through those programs. With a minimum of 5 years’ solid experience in crisis or community program management in a social service setting; the Manager will ensure services are delivered to our clients in a high-quality, client-centered, trauma-informed, manner. To measure the success of our programs, and inform improvements to them, the Manager will oversee accurate data collection, be responsible for report preparation and delivery, and ensure the timely submission of both.
The Manager works with other managers and departments across the organization on strategic planning, budgeting and to assist in the preparation of grant proposals to acquire funding. They will closely monitor contract compliance and budgets in the programs they are responsible for, and prepare reports on these and other areas.
The successful candidate will have had at least 5 years demonstrated success with staff and program supervision, and will deliver the full range of personnel management activities for their staff.
- B.A. in social work, counseling or related field, or equivalent experience
- Expertise providing direct service work including crisis management
- Minimum of 5 years’ solid experience in crisis / community program management in social service setting or similar environment; having this experience in the field of domestic violence is preferred
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated success with program and staff supervision
- Experience building and fostering a strong team, providing guidance and valuing staff accountability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with clients and staff in written and oral form, including strong public speaking skills
- Commitment to open, active listening communication
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and administrative skills
- Experience providing training
- Adept at effective management of multiple priorities and interruptions
- Demonstrated openness to change
- Awareness of and commitment to domestic violence intervention and prevention
Bilingual / bi-literate capability in English and Spanish is preferred.
We consider the following essential for employment with us:
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially using Outlook, Word, Excel and customized databases
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to maintain shelter-site confidentiality
- Understanding of the Agency’s mission and ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients in all circumstances
- Reliable vehicle, valid California driver’s license, clean driving record, and proof of insurance. MVR will be run prior to hire and periodically thereafter
Employment is contingent upon a clear fingerprint and criminal history record, successful completion of U.S. Department of Justice Form I-9, and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of our mission-related required training
STAND! is a catalyst for breaking the multi-generational cycle of violence, promoting safe and strong relationships, and rebuilding lives. Our work is guided by our values of integrity, passion, compassion, safety, accountability, innovation, and collaboration. We welcome staff who can adhere to these values, and who seek to create and participate in a culture of interpersonal kindness, accountability, respect for every stakeholder in the agency; and for the contribution of everyone who joins us in this work.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients
- Salary - $62,000 - $66,000 DOE.
- Generous benefits plan: regular employees working 30 or more hours per week are eligible to participate in benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, voluntary acupuncture and chiropractic insurance, 403(B) plan (matched after one year’s service); and to earn vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
Apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and the names of three supervisory references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “CS Manager” in the subject line of your email. Alternatively, you can mail it to: Human Resources, STAND! For Families Free of Violence, 1410 Danzig Plaza, Concord, CA 94520.
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to staff diversity. We welcome qualified persons of all backgrounds to apply.